i entered his room, not even knowing his name. his room was filled with... football related stuff, maybe he was interested in football like me. i just realised he was in the middle of drying his hair, "sit down." he patted the seat next to him on the bed. it was really awkward since like... i've never been into a boy's room and we just met each other this hour. 

"what's your name?" i asked out of the blue, when he unplugged the hair dryer. "Chigiri Hyoma. how bout you?" he returned the question, as if we were playing table tennis. perhaps he was also invited in Blue Lock, then he would know that i'm a female! uh oh, can't expose myself now! 

"just call me Shonan." i said simply, while he cocked his head in confusion, "are you a foreigner?" he questioned, "um... no... i just prefer people calling me Shonan." 

he nodded in the slightest way, "you... like Football?" i inquired, "yeah... I wanna be the world's best striker... but i got into a slight accident a few years ago..." he looked down, i felt like this topic was uncomfortable so... "sorry." was all i could murmur, "no, don't. you didn't do anything." he warmly smiled, somehow my stomach flipped, just a bit. 

i bit my lip, staring at the floor. "it's just... unfortunate if something gets into your way to achieve your dream, no? it's so... frustrating."  

"yeah..." he trailed off when i felt his stare on my side profile. "is there something on my face?" i jerked my head towards him, his ears redden, instantly avoiding my eyes. "no..." he stared at my feet.

what he wanted to say was,

'yes. beauty.'

even though they've only met for less then an hour, he finally believed in love at first sight.

𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐚𝐲-

i creaked the door open, hoping to really just see one familiar face, but nope, god wasn't on my side today. this Ego guy talked to me before, persuading me to join this programme over the phone, wonder if he was the organiser or something?

a bowl cut man coughed and stuttered a bunch, catching everyone's attention. i jerked my head around, oh hell no... 

it's probably all boys.

99.99998% sure.

the lights went dull, spotlighting the male on stage. 

"congratulations, you unpolished lumps of talent." i'm taking that as an insult to be honest.

"according to my personal judgement, the three hundred of you are... The best strikers under eighteen." 

"my name is Jinpachi Ego. I was hired to give Japan a world cup victory." he used hand gestures for no reason, but this is the Ego guy, yes?

mutterings and gossips passed down to the room, "I'll say this plainly. only one thing is necessary for Japanese soccer (football but i'll just use soccer cuz that how people say it in Japanese) to become the best in the world: The birth of a revolutionary striker. With the three hundred of you here... I will conduct an experiment to create the world's best striker." 

I quietly snickered, tilting my head in a questioning manner. "This is the facility created for that purpose... look." he pointed at the giant screen behind him. 

""Blue Lock.""

"Starting today, you'll all be living here together... while undergoing the special training I've devised. You can't return to your homes, and this marks the end of your previous soccer careers." wow, going rough. luckily i brought a huge bag of everything i need to live. actually, a bunch of bags hugging around me.