𝟎𝟎. 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐜 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐲

˚ ༘♡ ·˚ ₊˚ˑ༄ؘ
⁺˚⋆。° prologue    ⁺˚⋆。°

┊͙✧˖*°࿐

comic books are corny
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⁺˚⋆。°✩₊
∘₊✧──✧₊∘

─── ⋆⋅☼⋅⋆ ───

    SAMANTHA DIAZ WAS ROYALLY FUCKED. SIMPLY PUT, the girl groaned as she slumped back into her swiveling desk chair, tearing her eyes away from her blank document for the first time that hour.

While many would argue that being a semi-successful published author at nineteen was 'living the life', Sammi was living proof that it was not all glamour. On top of college and her part-time job at the town bookstore, it seemed that there was hardly any time to write — and what only made it worse was that she didn't even know what to write.

Her deadline was closing in — last she checked, it was by the end of the week — and she had absolutely nothing. No plot, no characters, no fucking story.

She considered half-assing a second book to her debut story: Till Death, but she already had a difficult time selling her agent on that plot before it was even published and she refused to listen to another passive aggressive lecture from that woman again.

Sammi jolted upright when a loud buzz cut through her thoughtful silence, but before she could look at her glowing phone screen, her bedroom door was thrown open to reveal her older sister, Elizabeth.

Before her sister could get a word out, she cocked her head when she noticed Sammi's soulless expression. "Jeez, that computer's really whooping your ass, isn't it?" Liz teased, giggling as Sammi barely mustered the strength to roll her eyes.

"What do you want?" Sammi groaned, pinching the bridge of her nose to try to subdue the headache that started to creep up the sides of her head.

Liz scoffed under her breath. "Just letting you know that Mom took your car to go run some errands, so please don't make any plans because I'm not wasting my gas on you." She ended her borderline heartless announcement with a sweet smile.

Sammi started to fire back a sharp remark when her phone buzzed on the desk yet again, gaining the attention of both girls. Sammi curiously read the notification, eyebrows furrowing closer and closer together before she finally exploded backwards with a loud shout of 'fuck!'

"Phone's whooping your ass, too." Liz tried to get a look at her sister's phone while she wallowed in what looked like genuine agony. "Who was it?"

"Vanessa." Sammi sighed.

Vanessa Greene, Samantha's very own publishing agent. A twenty-something blonde woman who bitched about any and everything when it came to Sammi. Easily the most passive aggressive person anyone could ever come across, she was the queen of backhanded compliments.

And now she was requesting a face-to-face meeting with Sammi in half an hour.

Liz winced at the mention of the woman's name. "She wants to meet with me to talk about what I've got so far before the deadline." Her sister explained as she typed a quick reply to the woman, likely a little confirmation.

Elizabeth peered over at Sammi's laptop, eyebrows furrowing when she saw a whole lot of white on the screen. "At least it'll be a quick conversation." She chuckled at her own joke, which ascended into a giggle when she saw her sister glaring up at her. "Kidding. I mean, it's probably not that bad. When's the deadline?"