TEN

A/N | sorry it took so long to update, I'm doing my final week for school rn so its pretty hectic

✧༺♥༻∞

Dahyun had never been prone to night terrors or sleeplessness. Sure, the occasional nightmare would visit her, but a night terror? It was a first. She sat on her bed, Ari in her lap, gently stroking his soft white fur, attempting to regain her composure. She'd been at it for about an hour, focused on controlling her breathing.

"Sorry, Ari, I woke you up," Dahyun whispered to the small Maltese dog, who responded by licking her hand and nuzzling her as if to reassure her that everything was okay.

Dahyun smiled down at Ari, considering her options. Usually, she'd simply get up, make a hot drink, and return to bed to soothe herself back to sleep. However, the empty cup on her nightstand suggested otherwise. She sighed, picked up Ari, and walked to her bedroom door, swallowing her pride.

"I can't believe I'm going to do this..." Dahyun muttered as she softly opened her bedroom door with her free hand, carrying Ari with her. She walked down the hallway and stopped in front of a familiar door. Dahyun softly knocked and entered the room with Ari. The little dog wasted no time and jumped onto Sana's bed. He adored sleeping with Dahyun, but there was something about how Sana cuddled him all night that he couldn't resist.

Dahyun approached the bed and gently nudged Sana's shoulder. "S-Sana unnie?" she said, as Sana stirred beneath the blanket, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Dahyun-ah? What's going on? Why are you awake?" Sana mumbled, still half-asleep, her arms inadvertently pulling Ari closer to her.

"I, um... I had a night terror, and I can't sleep... C-can you help?" Dahyun asked, avoiding eye contact.

After what felt like an eternity of silence, Dahyun heard the bed sheets rustling. She looked up to see Sana had shifted back and opened the blanket for her.

"I'll protect you, Dahyun-ah. Come sleep here tonight," Sana said, her voice soft and reassuring.

Dahyun blushed but slowly got into the bed, Ari finding his place in front of Dahyun again. She wrapped her arms around the little dog and settled in.

Another five minutes passed, and just as Dahyun was drifting off to sleep, she felt a slender arm wrap around her waist and a soft kiss on the back of her neck, causing her to shiver.

"Goodnight, Dahyun," Sana whispered.

"Goodnight, Unnie," Dahyun replied before peacefully drifting off into slumber.

✧༺♥༻∞

For the past week, Dahyun had found various reasons to sleep with Sana, and Sana didn't mind at all. Dahyun couldn't quite put her finger on why she was doing this, perhaps it was because winter was approaching. Yeah, that's definitely why.