Chapter 1: Place To Call Home

Start from the beginning

We have limited time, to get both of the objectives. I take out my katana and strike the guards down while rushing forward. We rush past many rooms that belong to the scientist and security and none of them belong to the girl. Soon enough my team and I found a room that was highly more secure and heavily locked.

???: Hey guys, sorry I am late. Some siren got in the way but I was in position. You know what to do when you are done.

Me: Understood Shimakaze.

Shimakaze: Alright over and out.

Akagi: Atago, this door looks more secure and reinforced.

Kaga: How are we going to open it?

Me: We have no time to stand back.

I aim my rigging turret before blasting the door open. When the smoke clears out there is a girl with light purple hair, red eyes, fox ears, and nine fox tails that have the same color as her hair.

Me: That's the girl?! I will need to ask for more information from her later.

Before she could do anything I grabbed her hand before pulling her to me and carrying her. My team and I then started rushing to the exfil.

???: HUH, WHO ARE YOU?!

Me: I will explain later, right now it's time to get you out of here first.

Meanwhile the other team

Takao Pov

My team and I currently rushing through to the exfil, managed to get the box containing the black wisdom cube and the lab reports about the girl. Those things are being carried by Zuikaku while Shoukaku and I defend her.

You might be wondering how we got into this situation. Zuikaku had a good idea to explode the door and the safe containing the items, which alerted the security. I rush forward even further while striking down as many guards as possible.

Zuikaku: The other team got the target and headed to the exfil.

Me: Then we should head to the exfil as well.

But suddenly one of the high-ranking sirens burst through the wall behind us. I look to the back and see the high-ranking siren is observer Alpha. She doesn't look pleased at all.

???: Give those lab reports and the cube. The sirens own those.

Me: We should start running.

We run toward the exfiltration point while dodging the high-ranking siren's attack.

Present

Akagi Pov

We keep running towards the exfiltration point, and soon enough we arrive. The other team also arrived, but I noticed they were being chased by something. Suddenly all of us are surrounded by the three high-rank sirens. I only recognize observer alpha while the other two don't know who they are.

???#1: Give us the girl and we will let you go.

Atago can be seen secretly contacting Shimakaze to blast open the back exit. Atago also holds the girl a bit harder not wanting to let go.

???#2: Do you want to die? Give the girl to us.

Atago: We will not give her to you.

Observer alpha: Then prepare to die.

But before she could do anything, the back exit suddenly blasted open, and the smoke covered all of us. Atago, Takao, Zuikaku, Shoukaku, Kaga and I take this opportunity to escape. All of us equip our rigging and go as fast as we can back to Sakura Empire.