Chapter 8

Logan's POV:

I saw a dark red Ferrari swiftly making its way through the Monaco race track as I walked towards the garages. The driver was throttling and braking like a world champion, and was perfectly hitting all the apexes. He was driving faster than I've ever seen anyone drive on this course.

I assumed it was Carlos, because Charles always hits that one corner, but when I got to the wall by the Ferrari garage, I saw both Ferrari drivers sitting up on the wall, so I decided to join them.

"Morning Logan," Charles greeted me.

"Morning," I nodded to both him and Carlos.

The three of us continued to watch the racer loop around the track, and he finally came to a stop in front of us.

From the passenger side, Arthur Leclerc came out. And someone else came out of the driver's side, but I couldn't tell who it was because they still had their helmet on. The driver was a girl. She was wearing a white cropped tank top, with the words "Fort Lauderdale, FL" printed on it. My hometown...

As she came closer, she started to remove her helmet.

The girl looked around my age, had brown curls with a couple of lighter strands in between, and brown eyes that shimmered like a pool of honey in the sunlight. Her cheeks were bright red, probably from the heat of the helmet.

"Oh my God. It's Logan." She handed her helmet to Arthur and ran to come to sit between me and Charles.

"Uh, hi?" I cocked my head, not recognizing her, and her eyes lit up.

"Keep talking, please." She pleaded. Her accent was American, and it sounded exactly like mine.

"What do you mean? I'm confused." I cocked my head to the side, and she let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, it feels so good to hear an American voice after so long." She suddenly leaned herself onto my shoulder. I felt my whole body stiffen, but after a few seconds, it relaxed.

"By the way, I'm Kaylee-" Then stopped. "I mean, Kiana."

I laughed. "Kaylee or Kiana?"

"Logan, this is uh, Kiana." Charles introduced her to me. The name sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember until he said her last name. "Kiana Bianchi."

Oh.

Jules Bianchi's long lost daughter.

Everyone was talking about her for the past few weeks. She was all over the news and media, I just never got to meet her.

"You drove pretty good out there," I said to her.

"Really?" she got off my shoulder and faced me, scrunching up her face. "I thought I was really bad."

"No, you were really amazing. I legitimately thought it was a professional world champion in the car."

"Wow. Thanks, Logan."

"Sooo, where in America are you from?" I ask.

"Fort Lauderdale. Same as you."

"Nice to finally have someone from your home."

"Tell me about it! Being in every country but America is so intimidating to me."

I was just about to ask her if she was coming to the after party tonight, when Arthur called her down to the car.

"Kiana! I need the keys!" He stood there with his hands on his hips.

"Oh right." She hopped off the wall and went to Arthur. They then started whispering and laughing about somethings, then just before Kiana was going to come back, they kissed.