Sorting hat ceremony

It was hard to keep up, let's just say, that dragon attack and little visit at Gringotts got me a bit wary of what more the wizarding world could bring us. I was following Eleazar and Marcella to the big castle. The walk was fast paced not wanting to be late to the sorting ceremony.

But luck wasn't on our side once we arrived. 

"Alright Marcella and Emsy, from now on we’re on Hogwarts grounds, meaning you have to address me as Professor Fig instead of using my first name." 

Professor Fig said as he opened the big carved doors to what were the great halls. Professor Fig looked quite annoyed when he turned around saying that Headmaster Black was approaching us. 

Headmaster Black walked up to us with a regal step and chin up high. I assume he's a pureblooded wizard and damn proud of it too! The way he walks says alot about him. I can already tell he isn't a peach to talk to.

He got into a discussion with Professor Fig while I just stayed silent. Until Headmaster Black turned his gaze to me with a cold stare.

"This must be the muggle?" 

He raised his chin up higher, if it couldn't get any higher to begin with….

"Ah, yes!" This is Emsy Stattle, the one i wrote about in our last owl, she'll be attending Hogwarts as a student, but will not be taking any classes, she'll be of great help in my teachings for the muggle studies." Professor Fig was excited, while I was less excited for what this year could bring me. If other students were like Headmaster Black I certainly would have a hard time fitting in.

"I see, well, let's get you two sorted, and Eleazar!...We discuss things further later on"

Headmaster Black motioned me and Marcella to move into the Great Hall. "Wait!" 

We both turned around with an unknowing look on our faces. 

"You two need more appropriate attire for this" Professor Fig swished his wand and we were changed into black robes. What a weird sensation….The feel of different clothing engulfing me, but never feeling naked. 

"Off you two go" The Headmaster motioned us to move into the Great Hall. The minute I walked in I felt eyes everywhere. Curious looks were thrown and small whispers were heard across the room. So much for being the center of attention….I hated it. 

Marcella was the first one to take action, taking her place in a stool. She sat down as a professor introduced Marcella. Immediately after her introduction, whispers were heard. I guess it wasn't happening everyday that a student started their first year as a 5th year.

I wonder how they will react when it comes to my story? Will I be a laughing stock? Or something to target to bully? Who knows. All I know is that I'm already anxious to begin with. 

"SLYTHERIN!!" a funny looking hat called out. Cheers were heard and people were clapping. The loudest table were the people with the green and black robes. I assume they were Slytherin?

Marcella was beaming, glowing even! She found her people. I was so happy for her that I couldn't help but smile for a bit. If only that were the case for me. But I already knew I was going to have a hard time here. 

"Come dear. Don't be shy" The professor motioned at me. She looked kind and had some sort of motherly energy to her. Her small smile gave me a little comfort. But just a little, because as soon as I sat down she began her introduction about me.

“And lastly we have Emsy Stattle join us for 5th year in Hogwarts, Emsy is the first muggle to attend Hogwarts, she is under the care of Professor Fig, she will be not attending any classes but she will be treated as an equal here. She will be attending the muggle studies as she will be a great asset in understanding the muggle world’’ As soon as the Professor’s words left her mouth, gasps were heard everywhere. Mumbling students and scoffs signaling it was quite shocking to have a muggle at Hogwarts.