The Calm, Before The Storm

^^^ Azalea
*************************************

Azalea's POV:

"Oomp" shît. "Oooooww..." I groaned loudly as I untangled my legs from the devil sheets which had caused me to fall off my beautiful bed, waking me from my wonderful dreams of chocolate fountains and male models. "Honey? You okay?" My moms sweet voice called up to me from the kitchen. "No" I whined from the hard wood floor of my bedroom. "There's no chocolate covered men in real life." I pouted tracing circles on the wood disappointedly. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and stopping in my doorway. I looked up meeting my mom's warm, ocean blue eyes. She smiled down at me chuckling. "Now Azzy that's not true. You should've seen your father on our honeymoon." She smirked giving me a playful wink. I looked up at her horrified, "Was that supposed to make me feel better?!" I cried shivering in disgust. She let out a melodic laugh and gently helped me off the floor pulling me into one of her loving hugs. " I'm sorry Az, " she said kissing my forehead, "if it helps I made your favorite." She said smiling down at me. "Chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream?" I asked excitedly. "With a cherry on top." She laughed pushing me towards the door and following me down the stairs. "Thanks mommy!" I smiled while sitting down to my heavenly breakfast. "No problem baby." She smiled cleaning up the dishes. "Is that pancakes I smell?" A deep, warm voice entered the room. I turned facing my dad before smiling triumphantly, "Yep. And they're all mine." I said sticking out my tongue playfully. He let out a deep laugh and ruffled my hair affectionately. "How are you this morning squirt?" He asked before walking around the counter and wrapping his arms lovingly around my mom. I smiled at how in love they were. I wonder what it's like having your mate sometimes. Though I'm perfectly content with Devon my current boyfriend, he's amazing. " I'm good daddy, just about to go meet up with Devon and Crystal." I said standing to go get ready. "Okay baby be safe and don't go to far from the pack house." He said kissing my head before I ran upstairs.

When I got to my room I threw on my favorite black, lace bra and matching underwear then pulled on my favorite high waisted shorts and a floral tank top. I brushed my honey colored hair, letting it fall in its natural waves before applying some mascara to my hazel eyes and swiping some pink lipgloss across my lips. I Checked myself in the mirror adjusting everything before grabbing my favorite white converse and slipping them on. I got my hair color from my mom along with my tan skin, where as my eyes were hazel like my dads. I ran downstairs and out the door over to my best friend Crystal's house. I walked in not bothering to knock seeing as her parents were like my second mom and dad and went straight to the kitchen. " Good morning Alpha Max, and Luna Jen." I smiled at the two sitting at the breakfast table. "Good morning Azzy," Luna Jen smiled lovingly at me. "Crystal is in her room why don't you go on up." Alpha max said ruffling my hair before kissing his wife's head and leaving to go do alpha things I suppose. As I walked up the stairs I could hear Crystal and someone talking in her room. I heard her giggle, but not just any giggle the giggle she uses when she's crushing hard. I smiled and swung the door open to her room ready to give her crap for being girly all of the sudden until I saw what was in front of me. The smile left my face immediately. I felt my heart drop into my stomach and all of the air leave my lungs as I watched my best friend since birth make out with my boyfriend of 4 years. A gasp escaped my lips as I tried to get oxygen back into my body, and they both pulled apart quickly looking at my with shocked expressions. "Azza.." Devon said softly before trying to walk towards my I took a step back and glared as tears filled my eyes but I refused to cry. "You don't understand Azzy let us explain!" Crystal who was already crying sobbed as she reached out to me. "How could you?!" I screamed at her my wolf pushing to get out but I held her down. "You were my best friend.. And you betrayed me." I stared at her coldly. She flinched as if I slapped her and right now I really wanted to. "Az, don't blame her it's my fault. I couldn't help it." Devon pleaded for me to understand, but I didn't. I didn't understand at all. So I marched right up to him and slapped him across the face so hard I'm sure it would bruise. "I'm sorry you "couldn't help" sucking my best friend's soul out of her body you asśhöle." I sneered at him. "Goddâmn it Azalea he's my mate." Crystal screamed standing in front of him. I looked at her shocked before backing up to the door in disbelief. "Why didn't you tell me?" I asked my voice breaking at the end. She sighed before looking at me with pity. "Because you're my best friend." I looked up at her and sighed "Best friends don't keep secrets from each other. Especially that their boyfriend isn't theirs anymore." I said trembling before turning and walking out the room then out of the house. I didn't even say goodbye to the Luna as I walked out and headed towards my house. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts I didn't notice the thousands of unfamiliar scents in the forest until it was too late. Just as I reached my house a scream was heard before everything went dead silent. "We're being attacked." My dad yelled through mind link. Then just like that. My world changed forever.