twenty; public flirting

Start from the beginning

I throw myself down onto my bed and raise the hoodie over my nose, inhaling shamelessly. My eyes flutter shut at Milo's scent hitting me in the chest, making me fall even deeper into the duvet with utter content.

A few days later I invite Milo over to the pack house when I know my dad and Leon are out for the day. Milo said he wants to meet some pack friends and my sister, yet I haven't told him that he already knows two of them.

"So should I like shoot him down with daggers?" Viola asks.

"No, Vi," I chuckle. "Don't act mean, he's fine. He doesn't need grilling from you."

Zade snorts. "Light humiliation?"

I turn to Elin. "Sort him out please."

Elin grins back at me. "Chill, Nate. We're not going to make this hard for him, he said he wanted to come meet us... not that he realises he has already met me and Zane but still, he made that decision himself. He must be serious."

"He is serious." I nod.

"We'll see about that," Viola folds her arms across her chest.

My eyes roll at her but she's not looking at me. "Oh please," I walk around the kitchen table. "You're not going to say shit to him, Viola. You hate confrontation."

She chews on her lip and then drops her arms. "True."

Milo mindlinks me that he's outside by our gates and I let him in. He looks a bit sheepish but he's still smiling and looking as gorgeous as ever. I've always registered that he has blue eyes but I've never really focused on how much they look like the colour of the deepest ocean.

"So who am I meeting today?" He says as we walk towards the front door.

I hum. "Viola, my twin. And... Elin and Zade."

"Wait," he stops before we walk in the house. His gaze finds mine and he looks concerned. "Elin and Zade?"

"Yeah," I nod. "I know you already know them, Elin told me he's seen you at parties before."

Milo's throat clenches. "I never slept with either of them," he rushes as if I've got the wrong idea this whole time. "I promise, I haven't–"

"Hey," I grip his arm that is covered by his hoodie. "It's fine. I know."

He sucks down a breath and nods. "Good."

"Let's go."

We step inside the pack house and towards the kitchen where they are talking amongst themselves, Milo's scent must alarm them because they spot us when we're still a fair bit away.

I glance at Milo and he flicks his eyes between the three of them. "Guys, this is Milo," I say warmly as I stop before them. "Milo, this is my sister, Viola. And you already know Elin and Zade."

"Sup man," Elin claps a hand on Milo's shoulder. "Been a while since I've seen you."

He smiles up at him and nods. "I know, my priorities have changed. You won't catch me at parties anymore."

Elin nods, pleased with his answer. Then Milo says hello to Zade before turning to my sister. She's sitting in her chair with a knee crossing the other and a gaze that says she's silently judging–or analysing.

Play nice. I shoot down her mindlink. She doesn't even look at me.

"Milo," she starts.

His lips curl gently as he approaches her. "It's nice to meet you, Viola."