17. instagram and real life

Start from the beginning

liked by: harrystyles, lolagonzales, arabellablake, annetwist, gemmastyles and 789,566 others!

mblake: saturday but in your sunday best 😎

comments: *limited*

harrystyles: i'm okay with history repeating
mblake: tell me I'm the one you can't forget
lolagonzales: back in hell at least I'm comfortable
harrystyles: need your body when my fire's cold
lolagonzales: hand to heart I'm gonna stay faithful
mblake: to the devil I know

Madeline and Harry sat in their London home, instruments dotted around the room, crumpled bits of paper tossed away, notebooks open to random pages displaying music notes and lyrics. They were currently having a 'writing session'; Madeline wasn't having the best of luck, however. She couldn't seem to focus on the music. Harry noticed her frustrations, it wasn't as if he could ignore the anger-infused screams and paper balls flying through the air.

"What's up?" he spoke cautiously.
"I can't do this, it's physically impossible to think of any lyrics or melodies!" Madeline replied, exasperation flowing through her words.

Taking matters into his own hands, Harry found one of her open notebooks, flicked through until he found a random, almost complete, song.

At the top of the page, the words 'Bullshit On The Internet' were wrote out in Madelines messy yet perfect handwriting.
"Here, play this," he said, turing the notebook towards her.

So Madeline played.

She had originally written this song back when she and Harry were about one year into their relationship, Harry had to be in a PR stunt/relationship as it would look suspicious if he all of a sudden wasn't spotted with any girls.

Madeline kept looking on the internet and seeing headlines and articles about her boyfriend and a girl, she knew they were fake but she couldn't get the negative thoughts out of her mind. So, she did what she did best: write a song. Madeline didn't think it was any good so she never recorded it, or even polished it.

Now, it was right infront of her, some of the lyrics reminding her of the instagram comments she has been receiving the past few months. They were all simply bullshit on the internet.

"That's the one. I need to finish it," Madeline spoke quickly, desperate to get her feelings down on paper.

Harry simply watched on, letting her take her time, admiring the blonde girl sitting infront of him, glasses perched on her nose, a concentrated look etched onto her face.

After a few minutes Madeline was ready, she picked up the guitar and played the polished version of a song she deemed 'from the vault'. Harry listened to every note and lyric, knowing she was finally happy with the finished song.

2 weeks later:

mblake posted to instagram!

liked by: rileykeough, harrystyles, lolagonzales, and 178,992 more

mblake: bullshit on the internet out midnight  x

comments:
harrystyles: so so so proud xx
mblake: love you to the moon and to saturn🫶

lolagonzales: IF THIS IS THE SONG THAT I THINK IT IS. OMGGGG. I CANT WAIT
mblake: 🤫🤭
user: OMG I CANT WAIT

user: the internet is bullshit.

arabellablake: MADS WHAT
leoblake: why weren't we informed ab this?
mblake: it was a last minute decision

a/n: sorry this took a few days to get out i've been kinda busy with school x