Taedong felt a little better after hearing his brother's words. He smiled back and leaned his head against Jaehan's shoulder.
The two stayed in a comfortable silence for the rest of the journey.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Jaehan entered the classroom, and there was Yechan as usual, sitting at his desk surrounded by a group of girls, laughing and joking.

should I smile at him?

He mustered up what he hoped was a friendly smile, and then looked at Yechan. Much to his surprise, Yechan was already looking at him, but instead of returning the smile, Yechan glared at Jaehan and pulled one of the girls to his lap, wrapping an arm around her. Jaehan's smile dropped from his face, and he felt a sudden wave of hurt wash over him. 

He realized that Yechan was not trying to make things up with him, and he felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. He had expected too much from him.

He's Shin Yechan after all.

"Oh good mo- Jaehanie? Are you okay?" Sebin asked, concern etched in his expression.

"No I'm just...nothing."
Jaehan said, avoiding his friends' gaze. Xen, Sebin, Hwichan and Kevin exchanged a look. At that moment, the teacher entered the classroom.

Do you really hate me?

Jaehan looked at Yechan one last time and let out a sigh.

I think I already know the answer.

He felt a deep sadness in his chest as he looked away and focused on the lesson.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Why were you ignoring Hangyeom all the time?"
Sebin asked from Jaehan as they left the cafeteria after lunch.

"No I was not ignoring him."
Jaehan replied emotionlessly.

"Did something happen between you two?" chimed in Hwichan.

Jaehan was about to respond, but before he could finish, he tripped and fell on the ground.

He looked up and saw Yechan and his friends surrounded by their group of girls, laughing at him. It was Yechan who had made Jaehan trip.

Kevin stepped in, yelling
"Are you fucking out of your mind Shin Yechan?"
while helping Jaehan stand up.

"Woah woah, first of all, grow up child." Hyuk retorted, making fun of Kevin's hight.

"This bi-"
Xen started, only to be cut off by Jaehan.
"Xen stop. Let's go."

"But h-
Sebin also cut off by Jaehan
"It's fine, let's go.'

Jaehan looked intently at Yechan, who was clinging to a girl with a smirk on his face. Yechan noticed something.

why are Jaehan's eyes different? Why is he looking at me that way?

Yechan watched as Jaehan and his friends left.
"Well, that was fun."
One of the girls murmured.

Yechan's thoughts raced.

Why hadn't Jaehan said anything back, like he used to do?

As they walked away, Xen couldn't help but ask Jaehan,
"What was that all about?!'"

Sebin added,
"Yeah, why did you not let us have it for Yechan!?"

Jaehan gave a slight sigh before responding,
"At this point, it's not worth it. It's not worth engaging with them."

"At what point Jaehan?"
Kevin sounded so mad.

Hwichan, however, was not convinced.
"No, I think you should've said something. They were disrespecting you and they can't just get away with it!"

Jaehan shook his head and said,
"No, I think that's exactly what they wanted. The best thing we can do right now is pretend it didn't happen."

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Hangyeom rushed to Jaehan's classroom, hoping to find him, but it was too late. He let out a sigh of disappointment and said,
"Jaehanie is already gone?"

Yechan glanced in Hangyeom's direction when she heard Jaehan's name.

"He was so weird today. I don't know what's going on. He left soon as school was over."
Kevin said.

"He didn't even talk to me today. He completely ignored me."
Hangyeom said sadly.
"Yeah we noticed that."
Xen said.

"Yo that boy...what's his name? Hangyeom! That's the one Junghoon has a crush on." Hyuk said, laughing.

"His name is Hangyeom?"
Yechan asked.

"Yeah. You know him?" Jehyun asked curiously.

"Not really...that's Jaehan's boyfriend I think."

"Jaehan's what? Boy how did he even managed to pull Hangyeom?"
Hyuk asked surprised.

"I don't know? Go ask Jaehan yourself."
Yechan sounded annoyed.

"That's a real bad news for our Junghoon by the way."
Hyuk and Jehyun laughed together.

Yechan watched Jaehan's friends and Hangyeom leaving.  He got lost in his thoughts, not listening to his friends talking nonsense.

I've to see Jaehan's annoying face everyday from today. I hate everything. Specially you Kim Jaehan.

He looked away and sighed.

"Well, we should go now. Where's Junghoon? "
He said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, let's go. I'll text him"
Jehyun said. Then those three also left.

               ✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁✧

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Have a good day/night.

-Miri💚