Chapter 2 - Quiet Oasis

Alone again. Hysteria was never one for company. She had never had any time to be with any company, anyway. She liked to stay to her own devices and get things done on her own. Everything that tried to talk or get close to her. She was afraid. She was afraid of herself.

She walks out of her Nether Portal. Ah, wind and a breath of fresh air. She looked behind at the cave-like portal behind her to make sure it was safe. She walked into her oasis in the woods. She had been living here alone since she was a child. She used to live with her mother before she... left.

The cottage itself was almost a castle. It's amazing how you couldn't see it over the treetops. The cottage had a lot of space, so her having friends over was a possibility from only one glance. If she ever got any friends, that is.

The paths going to the door swirled around a pond, but there were no fish inside. Instead, there were axolotls. The salamanders were in a vast range of colours too. From pink to blue, to brown, she seemed to have every colour there was just playing with each other in front of her house.

She also had a garden in front of it. The rows of plants were filled with wheat, carrots, berries, and many others that looked even supernatural at times. The whole area was surrounded by trees. There was only one way out for anyone who somehow came in, as Hysteria was the only one who knew the area like the back of her hand.

Hysteria walked into her cottage and hung up her coat near the door along with her gold bracelets and bars made in the nearby barrel. Her house was at least two stories tall, it was so big. The living room was a very compact area with bookcases lining the walls. On top of the beautiful, purple carpet spread across the floor, a table, sofa and reclining chair sat waiting for their next use.

She went to the humongous kitchen. The island in the middle was clean and pristine, while the fridge was bare and flat. It is a simplistic kitchen that was not very lived in. That is except for the stoves and oven, as they were a little stained and the oven's light was still on. She looked in the fridge for something to eat. She decided to settle on berries and milk. While she ate, the scenes in the Nether replayed in her head.

She had woken up that morning prepared to be bored to death from walking for hours. She went into the Nether thinking that she wasn't going to find anything. She walked back on her path when she found a bastion. She had had an uneventful day, so she decided to go inside. It was all ok until she broke a brick that was helping the brute not see her.

She was far from a secure passage. This is how I'm going to die, she suddenly thought at that moment. The rest was bizarre enough on its own. The day started with an uneventful adventure and ended in her almost untimely death.

Today was interesting, wasn't it?