Javi told us she doesn't really like celebrating her birthday since Alejandro died and to not get our expectations up for her reaction. I'm just so excited to finally celebrate my birthday and there not be the black cloud hanging over the day .

We've been hanging out in the entryway for the the last twenty five minutes after the guards told us she came through the gates and we all ran towards the front door and are waiting to surprise her but it's taking forever what could she possibly be doing .

Ricardo Moretti POV

It's my youngest children's 18th birthday Alessio and Noella Mi Principe e Principessa. For many years this day was depressing I tried my hardest to make Alessio's day special but still ever single year the unmistakable feeling of something or someone missing left a heavy feeling on this day .

This year we will not experience this feeling my sons and I spent many days of our vacation in Mexico planning the activities of this day . We decided to fly my family in Italy over to New York we called the Cromwells to join us as well and my friends and their kids and of course mi principessa boyfriend Luka .

I have to admit when I held mi principessa for the first time I declared any boy who tried date my daughter would leave with one less body part , but I saw Luka grow up I know the man he is becoming and I'm also not blind to see the way he treats mi principessa and how happy and content she is in his presence.

I've spent all morning and most of last night decorating and managing the people I've hired to make sure this day is perfect . When I call Javier to invite him and Diego he told my not to get my hopes up of her having a big reaction that at most she probably make a small smile .

He explained that Alejandro made birthdays a big deal and not just a single day but the whole week leading up to the actual date a huge deal . Javier told me Alejandro would have an activity planned each day , they would not attend school at all and absolutely no training or work for the entire seven days . Even sometimes taking them on a trip somewhere fun . He also mentioned he took them to every Disney park in the world from Florida to California to Paris to Tokyo and so on and so on .

While we can't go to Disney we have planned to start a new tradition and that is where we're taking the twins I've even managed to keep the location a secret from Alessio . I'm so excited .

Right know we here standing in the entryway after the guards told us she came through the gates and we all ran towards the front door and are waiting to surprise her but it's been twenty five minutes what could possibly be keeping her .

Next thing I know mi principessa is walking through the door once she looks up and sees all of us her face fall into a confused state. We all yell
" SURPRISE !!!" And now she looks even more confused. " um thanks ?" mi principessa says to all of us . Before I could say anything Alessio beats me to hugging the life out of his twin .

" I'm so exited we finally get to celebrate our birthday together." Alessio says jumping up and down . I look back to see mi principessa her face has went from confused to understanding. " oh I um forgot " " you forgot his did you forget our birthday twinny " " les I'm not even sure what day of the week it is let alone the date sorry but I'm this is great thanks for the surprise of and um hello everybody it's nice to see you all ." mi principessa says I decide to end this very awkward moment and announce brunch is ready .

It's Been about and hour and a half since the "surprise" happened we just Finishing up brunch when Noella's phone rings she looks to see who it is and instantly picks up . We all continue our conversations as she listens to what ever the person on the other ends says .

I watch Noella's expressions trying to see if this is a normal work call or something major I see Luka who's sitting next to her doing the same as me . The expressions I'm see is anger annoyance exhaustion and just frustration. I instantly know this phone call is about Marku . After a few minutes she hangs up never actually saying a word to who ever was in the phone and starts typing endlessly. Probably ordering her men around .

Once I see her typing has ended I finally decided to announce what we're doing today . " ok everyone Alessio Noella we are headed to the Bronx zoo then six flags I have rented both out entirely at the zoo we will even get hands on experience with some of the animals . "

Noella Moretti POV

My capo called while we here having brunch he told me the team and him were ambushed at Marku Montreal property apparently his plans ways to lure me their and have his men kidnap me . my men where able to fight them off with a few injuries and no fatalities. They tortured his remaining men trying to get any information out of them but they were unable to .

Im just so frustrated I've been dealing with Marku for years I just want this to end I want him dead and out of my life for good but he like a fucking cockroach . Im trying not to think about it we're on our way to the Bronx Zoo to celebrate mine and Alessios birthday . I haven't really celebrated since my dads death it's just hard but im trying my best for oldie and Alessio their just so damn excited .