"I think I'm just going to go home." Crys said flatly.

"That would be unwise." Emma said.

"I wish I could do that." Tomas murmured.

"Does it look like I care if that would be unwise?" Crys said frankly.

Emma looked slightly stunned.

Tomas gave a quick glare at Crys.

Crys didn't know why she said that. She tried to think of why she said it, but when she did, she winced.

"What's wrong?" Brandon asked.

"My head hurts." Crys said.

"That's what happens when you're mean to your friends." Tomas muttered under his breath.

Crys rubbed the back of her head. The pain subsided and she went back to eating.

"Still feel smarter than me?" Connor butted in rudely approaching the table.

Crys immediately stood up and glared at Connor. "Get lost!" She said with a sudden burst of ferocity.

"Ooh, feisty today!" Connor commented.

"Leave!" Crys demanded loudly.

The lunch room went silent.

Connor kept looking straight at Crys. He figured if he didn't leave on his own that a teacher would make him. "See you later." He said flatly to Crys as he walked off.

Crys sat back down and prodded at her yogurt with her spoon.

"What was that?" Tomas asked, shocked.

Crys shrugged.

"I don't think I've ever seen you that aggravated before." Tomas continued.

"Oh well." Crys said harshly to Tomas before going back to silence.

Tomas looked to Brandon and gestured toward Crys, looking quite annoyed.

Brandon just shrugged in response, looking completely dumbfounded.

The rest of lunch passed in complete silence for the four friends.

After lunch, Tomas took Brandon to the side, away from Crys' earshot.

"What was all that about!?" He quietly demanded to know.

"I have no idea." Brandon replied. "She just... started acting all mean today for some reason. Plus she hasn't been paying attention in class whatsoever. I just don't get it."

"Neither do I." Tomas said. "All I know is that her lashing out at Emma and I like that wasn't fair at all."

"She lashed out at me, too." Brandon said.

"At you?"
"Yeah."
"Why would she lash out at you?"

"I have no idea."

"Is something wrong?" Tomas asked.

"I don't know." Brandon replied. "She wouldn't tell me."

"Well... good luck with the rest of the day, then. I'll tell Emma she's just in a mood, though a proper apology would be nice when she's less cranky." Tomas said.

"Well, I'll see what I can do. See you later." Brandon replied.

"Later." Tomas replied back as he went a different direction from Brandon.

In the next class they had together, Brandon and Crys sat next to each other. Crys was blatantly ignoring what was going on while Brandon was taking notes.