Chapter Fourteen

Well, fuck.

That's not the question you expected out of the lieutenant's mouth. It froze your mind for a moment, you were expecting to fight them about Johnny, not the scars that littered your body. They must have been present when you were changed into the gown, it's the only way they could have known, you'd been too careful with them otherwise.

The fear and anger that this topic brought on spurred a sudden burst of energy into you, your fight or flight response kicking in drastically as your heart monitor started going mad to the right of you. It would alert the medics soon and you needed out of this now seemingly cramped room. The walls were closing in and the air seemed to disperse to the point where breathing became harder.

Faster than both König and Ghost thought possible, you launched yourself off the foot of the bed, your IV ripping out in the process and the chest monitors yanking off. The pure shock of seeing you so lifeless just days before to now running out the doors of the base's med bay, had your mates rooted in their spots, confusion overtaking their features. They both looked at each other to confirm neither was losing their mind, then back at the empty bed.

Ghost heaved a heavy sigh, rubbing his eyes with a large hand over his face. "Why did we let them put her room so close to the exit?"

König shook his head before stretching with his fingers interlocked above his head, hitting them against the ceiling before cracking his neck. "Is it your turn to catch our maus or mine?"

Ghost tossed the chair in front of him out of the way as he began making his way away from the room and toward the exit doors you flew out of, the alarm blaring at the loss of a patient. The doctors and nurses stared at the colonel and lieutenant, knowing that if they were after you, you'd be back much faster than they could catch you.

"You fuckin' go left, I'll go right. Fuckin' hell, I swear she's going to kill me long before this fucking place does." Ghost growled.

"I'll try to find her first, you'll be too hard on her, you're too angry."

"She deserves every bit of anger I have for her right now."

~~

You tore down the hallway, not quite sure where you were heading, you wouldn't go to your room. It's too obvious, but you need clothes. You let your feet move quicker than your mind, they took you to a room and you yanked the door open without a second thought, slamming it shut behind you.

Leaning against the frame, you took in your surroundings of the room, slamming your hand against the blood leaking from your inner elbow. Definitely blew that vein yanking the catheter out. Whoops.

Your eyes widened when you saw where you were, Johnny's room. He wasn't in here but you'd recognize his cologne and messy habits anywhere. The blinds were closed and his stuff littered every corner of the floor, very opposite to how Ghost and König kept their room. 

You wasted no time, yanking a t-shirt and some shorts that you could roll enough of to fit you out of his closet before tying some cloth around your bloody IV site. You'd have to remember to apologize for ripping one of Johnny's shirts later, as ugly as it was.