VI

DAY 198

Eager to savor the dwindling days of warm weather, you and Ai set off for the beach. The day gifts you with a picture-perfect scene—azure skies stretching endlessly, and the sun radiating its warmth upon the sandy shore. Families and couples gather, seeking solace by the seaside, yet Ai skillfully scouts out a secluded spot to set up the umbrella. After a leisurely drive, hunger tugs at your stomachs, so you and Ai indulge in the lunch you thoughtfully packed. Beneath the comforting shelter of the shade, you savor each bite, basking in the caress of salty air and the tender breeze that sweeps across the shore.

After an hour of rest, the scene stirs an irresistible urge in you to plunge into the refreshing waters and immerse yourself in a joyous swim.

Though Ai hesitates at first, your gentle persuasion prevails, and with a beaming smile and enthusiastic gestures, you coax him into the sea. He takes slow and measured steps, not venturing deeper than the water that reaches his knees. Yet, even in that shallow space, he feels a wave of contentment; the cool relief the water offers is a welcome reprieve from the heat that envelops both of you.

"Let's go further," you urge, eagerly tugging at one of his hands with both of yours.

However, Ai remains rooted in place. "I like it here," he says, "Less of a risk of getting swept away by the tide."

You glance at the water, and with a playful spirit, you splash your hands on the surface, sending tiny ripples outward. "See, there's hardly any tide at all. C'mon, Ai, it'll be nice."

Ai kicks the sand beneath the water, deep in thought before shaking his head gently. "You go on," he says, his determination to stay put evident.

Acknowledging his persistence, you shrug your shoulders, deciding to venture further on your own. As you move away from the shore, Ai watches from afar, observing your every move. You sink beneath the surface, then pop back up, floating freely with a carefree demeanor. You radiate with joy as you swim and play in the sea.

In a resplendent swimsuit of captivating blue and white hues, slender straps cross gracefully over your shoulders, elegantly tying at the back. The low-cut neckline teases a glimpse of smooth skin, while the ruffles at your hip accentuate your delicate curves. You are remarkably irresistible, a magnificent moon, while Ai is the swaying waves, completely devoted to you. He would do anything for you, without a doubt.

However, there's an unexplainable hesitation when it comes to swimming further into the sea. Despite his unwavering devotion to you, this mysterious intuition keeps him anchored in the shallows, where the water meets the sand. It's not fear of the water that holds him back, but something deeper within—the conscious beneath his unconscious—that warns him not to venture too far.

Danger, it whispers. Danger.

The notion seems utterly absurd. There's no logical reason for him to believe there's any danger, especially when numerous people, including you, are happily embracing the depth of the water.

However, Ai finds himself torn between two conflicting thoughts. On one hand, he strongly considers retreating to the safety of the beach, while on the other hand, he is determined to overcome the mental barriers holding him back. Sadly, the inclination to stay safe prevails. Without uttering a word, Ai resigns to his fear and wades towards the shallower and seemingly safer waters.

❀❀❀

As the sun begins its slow descent, you bask in the warm rays, finding comfort in a peaceful nap. Meanwhile, Ai seeks refuge under the shade of an umbrella, engrossed in the pages of "Soul Thirst" for the third time. Occasionally, he steals glances at you to ensure your rest remains undisturbed.