But at one point, he thought he heard a voice.

"Brooklyn..." It was female, and it made him jump in the snow, his hair soaked and icy from it. Looking around with weak eyes, he looked about, seeing a strange light figure before him. But it couldn't be...

He gasped at the sight of his beloved Sasha there, tears in his eyes, running towards the vision. "Sasha! I'm here!" He sobbed openly in a croaky voice, reaching with his hand but felt nothing there when reaching the spot. He had been going nuts, probably from this stupid snow.

I hate snow! It's making me hallucinate! Brooklyn thought grumpily and sadly, kicking it weakly, longing to hear Sasha's voice again as he continued on his sorrowful way, feeling so alone.

He had stumbled quite a few times, getting his bag wet since Sasha hadn't gotten him a complete waterproof bag. But Brooklyn felt too numb to care, his skin so pale, and wings too weak to glide, and no idea where the heck he was. The wind got worse too.

Brooklyn crouched in the snow, shivering to the point of losing his mind, wanting home so badly, forgetting about eating. He whined, collapsing near a tree, no one hearing his pleading cries for relief or help.

"A-Am I gonna die out here?" Brooklyn asked hoarsely, holding his bag, his only company, wrapping his frozen wings around his achy, cold body for some kind of protection but the good that would do. He lay there for a time, unable to go anywhere, the wind howling in his ears. But then a new noise came, a growling, snuffling noise in the trees.

It made Brooklyn jerk up, eyes rounding in fear, looking around for any bad ones or carnivorous animals who would want to eat him alive. Shaking, he slowly got up, knowing he had to keep moving. Brooklyn limped along further, the snow always getting deeper and deeper, and the growling getting closer.

His panic grew further when looking around, he actually saw the creature, which was a bear! Brook gave a little yelp of fear at the sight of the huge Siberian brown bear, which he too had seen in the auction that Brook learned was very dangerous. And in his condition, he couldn't take this thing on at all. The bear huffed, growling lowly, swaying on its four paws.

"Oh, sh-!" Brook squeaked, ears flat, as the bear next stood on its hind legs, giving out a bellowing roar now, cutting off his curse word, knowing he had to run. Brooklyn gathered himself together, running as fast as he could go, on all fours, the bear having woken up from its hibernation and feeling hungry, wondering what this strange creature would taste like.

Brook felt his tears fall down his face again, running desperately, not even watching where he was going, too desperate to not be eaten, unable to fly since his wings were so weak and tired now. But while running, he screeched when running into a thorn bush, thrashing as the thorns caught in his hair and on his deformed tail, cold sweat coming down his shoulders and saw the fierce bear noting his trapped situation, struggling with all he could, cringing from pain.

The bear growled hungrily, drooling, getting ever too close. Brooklyn felt his heart thump wildly, the bear's hot breath in his face, pressing and wiggling in the thorns. In a scared attempt, Brook lashed out with his talons, scratching the bear's muzzle, making the beast roar in agony before scratching his shoulder back, breaking through the thorns right near a cliff. Brooklyn yelled in pain, holding his scratched shoulder, falling down the slippery slope.

He grunted upon impact on the hard surface that he thought was snow, the bear charging down then stopping only five feet away, swaying again. Brooklyn gripped his sore shoulder tight, shaking but grinning.

"What's wrong o-overgrown f-fur b-b-bag? C-can't take me on?" he called mockingly, unaware of the danger he was in. The bear paced back and forth, glaring, before eventually trudging off in another direction, not stupid to venture onto a frozen lake.