Chapter 6

Yegor sat there on his chair near the cage where Brooklyn was kept, still stone but now with the tip of his tail smashed. He held the pieces in his hand to show his animal what he did to threaten him into submission.

Then he saw the eyes of the gargoyle glow along with the stone skin cracking, smirking as he looked forward to seeing the beast's reaction.

Brook came up from his day's sleep, stretching but then felt the cuffs on his hands. He was still a prisoner. He growled softly from it but then, Brooklyn realized something felt strange, mostly on his tail. He swished it and suddenly flinched when he noted something wrong. He turned around and what he saw made his face grow pale; for five inches of his tail was gone!

The gargoyle felt cold sweat falling down his body, shaking all over, reaching over to take his tail in his hands, seeing a small hole where his tip used to be. Tears started to pour down his eyes again. He couldn't feel any pain but just seeing his mutilated tail in such a manner was enough for him to really believe the pain could be there.

Horrible snickering suddenly reached his ears and turning around saw his captor, holding a hammer and some stone pieces of what remained of his tail tip in his hand. Brooklyn backed up, hitting the back of his cage, eyes bright in fear and sorrow. The man really was serious about taking away a piece of him while stone!

"Thought we wouldn't actually do this dismemberment to you, eh, little animal? Well, we were serious. So you will behave when the auction comes along, won't you?" Brooklyn held his tail tight in his hands, shaking, before eventually nodding.

"Good boy," purred Yegor darkly, sneering as he placed a bowl of slop on the floor inside his cage. "And here's your reward for behaving. Auction only one week away!"

Brooklyn curled up there on the floor but then eventually began to crawl slowly to the food. His stomach couldn't resist the food even if his hunger felt lacking after seeing what they had done to his tail in a horrible way, scared of his clan to see him with a dismembered tail. How would they fix this nightmare?

Taking up the bowl, he struggled with the muzzle to eat that awful slop, saddened that he still couldn't eat real food, like a piece of bread or anything, cringing again when the taste of the horrible stuff hit his tongue when putting it in the side of his mouth.

Eventually, Brooklyn couldn't eat anymore, pushing the bowl away and shivering violently from the terrible cold of the Siberian wind, curled under his cold blanket to try to get warm, gazing at his broken tail. He could still move it, but it pained him to see it in a deformed way, wiping his eyes and fighting the urge to cry, though it was hard.

....

One night, a girl named Sasha was entering the animal auction but not to buy any of them since she knew that buying these poor creatures would only appease the horrible animal handlers but wanted to see what evidence she could use to hand them over to prison. Sasha had inherited her parents' fortune when they passed on but didn't wish to be a rich snob so she bought a humble home to live in that wasn't a mansion so she could use her money on it well. Sasha had dark brown hair and blue eyes, wearing heavy winter gear because of her living style in Siberia.

She gazed about at all the animals that looked rather miserable but seemed to be fed and watered alright, digging her hands into her pockets since it was freezing tonight, hearing chatter from other browsers. So far, nothing new or exotic enough in here for her to see.

But then Sasha heard laughter from the middle of the auction displays. Curious, she went over and saw a crowd of men surrounding a big looking cage, laughing mockingly at whatever animal was in there. Sasha tilted her head, curious, until she spotted one of the men throwing a can.