Chapter 7 - The aftermath

Start from the beginning

The morning after, I woke up before Isiah and Finn. I felt sore and my head was a little numb, but other than that it was a normal morning. I was making bacon, when there was a knock at the door. I picked up Finn's gun from the table and walked carefully to the door. Holding the gun my thoughts went wild thinking it was Luca Changretta. I shakingly opened the door and pointed the gun at the person. Bonnie... he held up his hands and said "Whoa, no dangers here. I heard what happened and wanted to make sure you were alright". I put the gun away and looked at him complementing "come in. I'm making breakfast". He followed and sat down. I served us both some plates, making sure there was enough for Finn and Isiah. "So how are you?" Asked Bonnie. "I'm good. All considered... your boxing lessons saved me" I smiled at him coyly. "Good to know... I wanted to come by yesterday. But my Dad needed me..." he glanced away saying that. "What happend? I he-" Bonnie interrupted "I don't think it's a good idea to tell you after yesterday's event..." he drifted off. I gave him my best puppy eyes "Please Bonnie! I want to know.... I need to know if you got revenge on them for me... I need the distraction..." he looked at me doubting if he should or shouldn't when I smirked at him "Besides the bad ideas are the most fun". He smirked at that and began telling me what happend yesterday. "We barricaded the bridge with a carriage that was fallen over. There was a copper checking it out when the Italians arrived at the other side. Complaining about it they stepped out the vehicle to solve it themselves... One of the lads went and cut the neck of the Italian driver who stayed behind. The Italians went back to the car realising the driver was dead, we ambushed them... 3 dead. Luca got away." He told me stopping once in a while to check if I was alright, which I was. But I appreciated the gesture. "Wow Bonnie. I know it's your job, but thank you." He smiled at me grabbing my hand that laid on the table "Anytime beauty". I smiled at our linked hands "Anytime? You going to make sure I stay safe?" "I will." "And how are you planning to do that huh? You're going to be my bodyguard?" I teasingly asked standing up and walking towards him. I grabbed his hair yanking his head down with his chin going up staring into his eyes. "Don't you know?" he said staring intensely "know what?" I asked. "I would follow you everywhere if you let me" he smiled with an emotion I didn't recognise in his eyes. We stayed like that for a minute until I pressed my lips against his. His tongue asking for entrance which I gave. He pulled me down on his lap. I straddled him making our fronts touch, while we were making out. One of his hands wrapped around my waist pulling me even closer to him, while the other hand grabbed my ass squeezing it. I squeezed my legs that were wrapped around him. One of my hands found his shoulder gripping it, while the hand in his hair pulled it. Making him groan in the kiss. We heard the front door bang open and both jumped up. We fixed each others appearance as best as we could. I busied myself with the dishes, when Polly entered the room. "Jennifer. Darling how are you?" I looked at her "I'm fine. Everybody should stop asking me that. As I proved yesterday... I can protect me self just fine." "We're just worried. You're the baby Shelby we will always worry" she turned to take a good look at Bonnie "I see Bonnie gave you company while having breakfast" she stated. "Uhm yeah.. I wanted to check on her, but she's in safe hands with you. My dad- my dad probably needs me. I should...-" he looked at me smiling coyly "go. It was nice seeing you Mrs Gray. Jen I'll see you around?" Bonnie said while rubbing his neck awkwardly and leaving the house. Polly turned around giving me a look. "So...Bonnie-" she began when Finn and Isiah came bursting in "I smelled bacon" said Finn. Smiling at him for not only his comment but saving me from Polly I said "I made bacon and some eggs it's on the counter... I should get dressed". I walked towards the stairs avoiding Polly whatsoever, running up the stairs to my room. I bathed and changed into a casual outfit.

I kept my hair down and put on some light make-up

I kept my hair down and put on some light make-up. I went down to the kitchen only seeing Finn and Isiah. "Polly said that you should help Lizzie out in the offices". Nodding I put on my black coat with a fur collar and walked to the offices. I arrived seeing Lizzie looking bitter and Tommy walking away from her. Confused I walked towards her, when I saw May walk out the office. I immediately understood that Lizzie was jealous, I made my presence known "Polly told me I should help around here". Lizzie told me what I had to do. It took some time but I finished it finally at 4, while Lizzie kept mumbling tipsy sentences at me about Tommy. That I wasn't paying attention to. Polly walked in asking Lizzie where Tommy was, whereas she responded with fucking. Seeing as I didn't want to hear this about my brother and avoiding Polly... I stood up very slowly staying as quiet as I could walking towards the door. When I heard Lizzie say "I've been saving this-" she put a teapot on her desk "read mine and Jennifer's leaves.." huffing at Lizzie for blowing my cover, I felt Polly stare at me. Lizzie continued "you haven't done my leaves in ages". Polly responded with "haven't done anyone's leaves in ages". "Okay, both of you pour". Lizzie did as told whereas I rolled my eyes and said "not interested". I felt Polly look at me with narrowed eyes... but even her stare didn't make me butch a bit. I was scared what it would show and I didn't want to be scared anymore. Polly continued "swirl the cup... think about the man you love-" Lizzie said mumbled something coherent. "Think about your white wedding gown. Now pour the tea back" Lizzie did walking over to Polly for her to read it, when Polly said "okay, I'll read it if you get Tommy's diary" Lizzie got the book saying "free afternoon. 7 days. Friday. Read my future make it fucking good". "Already have... plain as day" said Polly grabbing the whiskey bottle out of Lizzie's hands. I looked puzzled at Polly until I understood wat was happening "What are you doing?" Said Lizzie. "Stop drinking whiskey, switch to stout" i said. Polly continued pointing at Lizzie who sat confused "Friday free. Appointment tell him, then go to the doctor about that baby in your tea leaves". Polly left us behind. I hugged Lizzie seeing tears in her eyes. Telling her everything would be okay and I would support her through this.

After calming Lizzie I left to meet Finn and Arthur at Artillery Square. We went inside a flat that was ruined. All the furniture on the ground and dirt everywhere. Arthur told us that this beauty was Finn's house. I wasn't allowed to join Finn here.. all the boys stating that it was too dangerous for me. But I knew it was because they had a good view on the house and stopped any potential lovers my way or so they thought. We were walking through the flat, while Finn kicked some stuff aside. Causing a rat to run past Finn towards another room. I screamed and jumped in Arthur's arms, hearing them both snicker. I frowned and flicked their ears. I looked at Arthur pouting "Can you carry me out of the house?" Too scared to walk by myself and risking seeing any more. Arthur left the flat with me in his, while leaving Finn behind.

————————————————————————
A/N: I've no idea what im doing. So my writing is all over the place. Don't be a ghost writer and vote me so I know if it's good or not. Comment what you think about it x