|07|

after

"Why can't you sleep like a normal person?" Amelia grumbled as she dug her head further down into the pillow as she heard Lockwood moving around the room. She knew that it was late afternoon and that they had slept for as long as their bodies would allow them to, but she didn't want to move from the bed. "We could sleep until tomorrow."

"We have things to do my dearest Amelia." She peeked her head up at his words, eying the way he buttoned the white shirt while looking directly at her. She didn't want to move, but she rolled over towards his side of the bed so that she could watch him more clearly through her bleary eyes. "George said he was making us lunch."

"Why would he do that when you were a massive prick?" Amelia questioned sweetly, pushing herself up so that she was sitting. The blankets fell and his sweater was revealed fully, a small smile crossing his face as he caught sight of it. "You and I both know that Georgie gave you a proper talking to and that his head will explode once he finds out about the sixty thousand pounds."

"You're not going to tell him about that yet." Lockwood pointed towards her sternly, a fond grin on his face as he took in her wild hair and sleepy eyes. He leaned down towards her, his hands coming to rest by her hips as he placed the gentlest of kisses on her cheek, and his grin grew as he watched that cheek turn the faintest shade of red. "You and I can figure that out on our own and avoid one of George's panic cleaning episodes."

"I get to steal whatever sweaters I want until the matter is settled and I want biscuits from my favorite shop on the other side of town." Amelia swung her legs over so that they were dangling off the bed in between his arms. His grin faltered as he realized how close they were to one another and her own had started to form on her face from his flustered appearance. "That's my price for not going out of this room and fessing up to him."

"You can have whatever sweaters you want and I'll go get you biscuits in the morning." Lockwood whispered softly, his eyes dancing across her face and fondness filled him as he looked at her. He wouldn't mind waking up next to her every day for the rest of his life if she'd let him, especially if she looked as relaxed as she did in that moment. Her dream that she mentioned to him in the country was looking more appealing by the day and he knew he was screwed instantly if he didn't get his head on straight.

"Well, this is rather cozy." George spoke sarcastically as he opened the door and entered without knocking, barely batting an eyelash as he closed it behind him. He didn't mention the way that Lockwood had sprung away from his best mate or the fact that her sweater, which was most definitely not hers, was riding up enough to see that she clearly did not have trousers on. "Lia, if you could please find yourself some trousers so that I don't feel the urge to vomit, you'll be my favorite person in the world."

"I'm already your favorite person in the world." Amelia commented unapologetically as she reached down to the floor and grabbed the shorts that she had discarded. She winked at Lockwood as she pulled them on, enjoying the way that he cleared his throat and looked firmly at the food George had brought them. "Besides, you know that I get warm while I sleep Georgie."

"And somehow you always manage to keep your trousers on when you nap with me." George declared knowingly and Amelia flushed a shade of red that clashed harshly against her hair, glad at the fact that George had no idea that this wasn't the first time that a layer had been shed while she napped with Lockwood. He would never let her live it down if he knew. "At least it was me that came through, imagine the wild ideas you'd give Lucy if she came in and saw you two like this."

"She would have better manners and knock." Amelia sniffed slightly, unnerved at the thought of Lucy coming into Lockwood's room at all, whether she was in there with him or not. She found that she didn't like the idea of it at all and judging from Lockwood's face, he didn't like the idea of it either.