❤️ Chapter Two ❤️

Cuphead's Pov

I woke up to my obnoxious alarm clock. I forgot to turn it off last night. The diners closed today so I have the whole day to myself. I headed to the kitchen to cook some breakfast. I was starving and wanted some of my famous chocolate chip pancakes

As I was on my way to the kitchen I realized I left that piece of paper that boy gave me yesterday on the dining room table. That boy is walking caffeine. I put the piece of paper in my wallet and cooked my breakfast.

As I was eating my tasty breakfast I heard the most aggravating sound. Someone knocking on the diner door downstairs. We're closed, it says closed so leave. I waited for them to get the hint but nope they kept knocking. I put my slippers on and headed downstairs.

It was him. Caffeine boy is here. I opened the door.

"We're closed"

"I know I know but I really need coffee and a muffin."

"You sure are addicted to coffee huh?"

"I'm really sorry but I just need one cup of coffee and a muffin."

He looked up at me with these Bambi eyes. "Please, I'll drink, eat and run away. I mean I'll be so fast you'll see my body outlined in smoke. I'll be the new roadrunner." My god he talks fast. He kept looking at me with these eyes. I couldn't say no for some reason.

"Fine one cup of coffee and a muffin and that's it." His eyes lit up and he gave me a huge smile. "Thank you, your an angel sent from above. You should wear a halo." He ran to the counter and hopped on the stool. I poured his cup of coffee and put his muffin on a plate.

He scarfed down his muffin. My goodness has he eaten anything. "Hey Joey Chestnut, why are you eating so fast". He looked up at me. "I'm hungry." He began to drink his coffee and eat the crumbs off his plate.

"A muffin isn't going to fill you up. Why not order a real breakfast." He gave me a strange look. "I can only afford a muffin and coffee." He began to rub the rim of his coffee cup. He kept staring at the counter. "Hey it's free." He looked up at me with a confused look. "What?"

"I said it's free. Anything you want, just tell me and it's done." He gave me a small smile. "Don't I have to rub a lamp to get whatever I wish for." He sure does have wit. He scanned through the menu. "I would like the 'Hangover' special with bacon please." At least he's somewhat polite.

I'm glad I closed the blinds. I know if the town saw I was open on a Sunday they would go nuts. I started cooking his food. "So what's your name genie, and don't I have two more wishes" he said, drinking the last sip of coffee in his cup.

"My name is Cuphead." He began to vigorously shake his empty coffee cup. "I'll fill you up in a second chill." He gave me a look. "I think you can tell I'm not chill." He's right I mean he can't even sit still. He keeps shaking the sugar packets.

"So since I told you my name, what's yours." I began to plate his food. "My name's Bendy, I know such a great name." I handed him his food and silverware. "So did you just move here, I haven't seen you around town before." He began eating his food. He eats very quickly, like he's in a rush or something. "Me and my mom just moved here" he said with a cold tone.

His whole demeanor changed. It was like all his personality ran out the door. He began to eat slower and he wasn't kicking his feet anymore. "Hey are you okay?" He didn't look up from his plate. He just kept eating. "Hey answer me, what's going on."

He just kept staring at his plate. "Did your battery die. Here." I started refilling his cup with coffee. He had a little smile on his face. "I'm sorry I'm fine just spaced out. Damn maybe my battery did die." His smile got bigger. We talked much longer than I thought we were going to.

He was very funny and easy to talk to. He had a response for everything. He also talked really fast. Like I got hyper just listening to him talk. He also rambles a lot. He started talking about his college classes and his job. He works as a secretary for a CEO of an insurance company.

"Here a new note for you." He pulled out his notepad and started writing. He tore the page and gave it to me. "Thank you for the free breakfast." He began to walk to the door. "Oh and nice slippers cup boy." He left quick. I honestly forgot I was wearing slippers. I went back upstairs to enjoy the rest of my day off.