PROLOGUE

People often say that when you love someone, you'll go to great lengths to win their heart. In my case, that proved true, as I succeeded in winning her over. However, once I achieved this victory, I thought it was the end – little did I know it was just a temporary phase. Time would eventually test the strength of our love, and sadly, it didn't endure. This happened to us, to the woman I thought I'd spend my life with. Turns out, that wasn't the case.

It's painful to realize that we had dreams and plans for the future, and those dreams came true, but I was no longer a part of them. She fulfilled our dreams with someone else, and surprisingly, it was with my own twin.

The lesson learned is that not everyone you love will stay; some may just be a lesson in your life, a bridge to make you whole, strong, and guide you to what truly belongs to you.

"Aray ko!"

"Sorry," I quickly apologized without looking at the person I bumped into, rushing not to be late for Ian and Keirstine's wedding.

I walked faster, but before I could get far, someone tapped my shoulder from behind.

"Hey, excuse me?"

I stopped and turned around to see a beautiful woman in casual dress. I unintentionally stared at her, captivated by her presence.

"Uhm, I think this handkerchief belongs to you, I guess?" she said, handing me a handkerchief.

"Uh, yeah. This is mine, thanks," I said, taking the handkerchief from her hand.

She smiled, and I found myself staring at her again, unconsciously comparing her to Scarlet. She seemed sweet, like an angel.

"I'm the one you bumped into earlier. I noticed you dropped this, and you seemed in a hurry, so I picked it up. There are letters on the handkerchief – B.E.M.?" she asked.

I smiled slightly, "Yeah, it stands for my name. By the way, Black. Honestly, Black Ezekiel Macwill. And you are?"

I extended my hand, and she nodded. "Kaya pala B.E.M... ah, yeah. Ash. Just call me Ash. Nice meeting you, Black," she smiled again, revealing her teeth. I felt mesmerized by her smile.

"Nice name. Hmm, just call me Zek too," I said.

"Zek." she said while nodding.

"Thank you for this, by the way. And you're right, I'm in a hurry, as you can see from my attire," she noticed and nodded at what I was wearing.

"Attending a wedding, perhaps? Or is it your own wedding? HAHAHAHHA"

I chuckled at her remark, "Yeah, you're right. I'm attending a wedding, but you got it wrong on the 'my wedding' part. Nope, it's my cousin's wedding. So, it's a special occasion."

She nodded at my response, "Oh! I thought you were the one getting married," she said, and that's when my smile faded, replaced by a bitter one at mukhang na noticed niya iyon.

"How I wish..." I whispered, not realizing how keen her hearing was as she stared at me, seemingly reading my thoughts.

"Oh? Sorry, heartbroken ka ba? Naku, naku, don't worry, the right woman will come for you. Trust me," she assured, tapping my shoulder.

I looked away, "It seems unlikely now because the woman I wanted to marry is gone. Not gone as in dead, I already let her go. She's happily married now, with a child," I confessed, recalling kung anong nangyari kanina. Parang piniga ang PUSO ko ng makita ko sina Blue at Scarlet kanina sa bahay nina Mom na masayang nilalaro ang anak nila. Ako dapat yun e. That should be me in Blue's position.

She frowned, sympathizing, "Awww... that hurts. Pero feeling ko mas pogi ka naman sa naging asawa niya, diba?

I smiled, "Well, you'll be surprised. The man she married is my twin brother. So, that's the story." Her eyes widened at my revelation.

She covered her mouth while looking at me, "OMG! No wonder I could see the pain in your eyes. The woman you wanted is already taken, and to make it worse, it's your twin brother. Aray ha ang sakit noon!"

"Yeah, a lot. But, it is what it is. I believe everything happens for a reason," I replied.

She smiled again, "Yes, you're right. Maybe you two weren't meant to be together because God has other plans for you. There's another woman destined for you. All you have to do is wait, always remember Zek," she looked at me, and I noticed her beautiful brown eyes dilate in the sunlight.

"You're not early, you're not late. You're on time. Keep that in mind. Maybe the woman meant for you is still out there, crying, who knows?" She chuckled. Ang cute.

I laughed too, glancing at my vibrating phone at nakita ko ang name ni Blue realizing I almost forgot about the wedding. "Thank you, Ash. I enjoyed our conversation, but I have to go. I might be late. Thanks again."

"Sure, no probs. Ingat ka."

"I hope to see you again," I said.

She flashed another smile, "Yeah..."

She turned away and left. I watched her walk away and let out a deep sigh.

"Impossible for us to meet again, as I'm going back to Canada."