Prologue

Oh lord! How did I ever come into this life? I was just minding my business, reading a book in the library while I listened to my favorite relaxing playlist to clear my head. Then all of the sudden I see a very interesting book hidden in a corner, almost unseen but not quite. Like someone placed it there. And then……When I opened it I felt a wave of energy wash over me as it took me away. To a different time and world.

No more mobile phones and social media to entertain yourself by scrolling down numerous videos on Tiktok. Or watching your favorite celebrity make new music or star in a new movie. The only thing that hasn't changed my way of entertaining myself was reading books. But apparently 'reading' books has gotten me into this predicament in the first place. So even in that I couldn't enjoy myself fully anymore….

I wander mindlessly through Eleazar's living room. He was the one who found me. The first thing he noticed about me were my clothes. He thought they were a tad bit inappropriate. I can't blame him for thinking like that if you haven't seen the fashion we have nowadays compared to 1891.

"Emsy, what is in your mind right now?"
He noticed my nerves immediately, again I was always an obvious nerve wrecker. By pacing around, biting my nails, rubbing my face to ease the stress while my thoughts were running wild. It was just too hard for myself to hide my nerves, better let them out than contain them, right?

"Is this about you coming with me and Marcella to Hogwarts? I can assure you, you will be fine."
Marcella is a witch, ready to attend her first year at Hogwarts as a 5th year. Her magical abilities showed until a few months ago, which is rare for a witch or a wizard. Normally they show around the age of 10. Before she knew about her abilities she didn't know about Hogwarts or the wizarding world. She knew no better than a muggle would.

Muggle….Such a weird word, but that was what wizardkind apparently called non-magical humans. The word did roll nicely off your tongue, not going to lie about that. But considering I was a muggle was less fortunate, and that I got here by a magical portal was even more bewildering. I wasn't supposed to be here! But Eleazar was kind enough to take me in. To take care of me. Same goes for Marcella, as soon as the ministry got word that a young girl from an orphanage got her magical abilities on such late notice they asked Eleazar to bring her up to date with magical spells and charms. And of course the ways of the wizarding world.

All fun and that…But it also meant I was usually on the sidelines, watching and wishing I had some of those abilities. It was a true sight to see. Amazing even! All those years of reading fantasy novels, wishing magic was real has come to be real. But it made me sad how magic was so easily used to make life a little easier for those who could wield it. I was not so lucky. A cleaning spell for instance. Man, how badly I wanted to use that spell back in my time if I ever could to clean up my messy dark bedroom. But nooooo, I just have to deal with hard labor instead.

"What if they will not accept me? I am a muggle after all. I can't attend classes, i'll just roam around. The only class I could possibly take is the study of the muggle world…" I mutter out in a fast paced sentence.

"As I said Emsy, you'll be fine, you can help other students of Hogwarts help understand your world better than any Professor at Hogwarts."
Eleazar reassured me.
"I understand, but isn't it weird? Having a muggle at Hogwarts?"
The nerves were too much, I felt like throwing up.
"It is, and no muggle has ever seen the castle. But the ministry told me you were allowed to come with me, maybe we can even find out how you can go back to your own time? Hogwarts has a large library with lots of knowledge, everything will be alright Emsy. And Marcella will be there as well!"

I huffed out a stressful huff as I sat down in one of the comforters, grabbing my now almost cold tea. I sipped my tea, even though the taste had gone bitter. Perfect for the setting I guess, because I felt bitter too.
"Better get ready now my dear, we'll be leaving in an hour, there's going to be a carriage waiting for us soon."
—----------------------------------------------------------

////Authors note////
Hello everyone! I really hope you enjou my new fanfiction. Normally I write fanfics about Eddie Munson (Don't come at me for not completing the stories, i try my best)
The game Hogwarts Legacy has become my new hylerfixation for a while and I can't help but think "What if a muggle went through all of that and stood by the sidelines seeing all of the stuff happening around Hogwarts and the wizarding world?" So here it is!

Also i'm a sucker for enemies to lovers, so I can't help myself but make this an enemies to lovers. I want to make this a slowburn story, so your patience is to be tested, but fear not! I have great ideas of how I want things to turn out. For you readers out there. Enjoy this adventure!