10.

Soldier's Broken Love

It had almost been an hour since Amanda had crawled over towards Troy and held onto him, he stayed silent though.

He didn't want to do anything to ruin this perfect moment, his beautiful wife comforting him.

''God, I love you.'' Troy breathed out deeply as his hand went to Amanda's, they held onto each other as if this was the last time they were seeing each other.

''I love you.'' Amanda replied back, because her chest was pressed against his back, she wrapped her arms around his waist and pulled them both back so that they were laying down, Troy was resting in between her legs as his head lied on her chest.

Troy wondered to himself what could of possessed him to do such a stupid thing to such a perfect woman? He hurt her physically and emotionally, and all she cares about is him being safe.

''I'm never letting you go.'' Troy said, Amanda heard perfectly clear but she didn't say anything else, she just smiled to herself and thanked God for Troy saying that.

Her fingers were fiddling with his hair, and combed their way through his ends to untangle them.

Everything was fine, perfect even, until one peaceful night turned into a night filled with arguments.

''Don't walk away from me when I'm talking to you Amanda.'' Troy warned Amanda, and as he was a few small steps behind her, he wrapped his hand around her arm and stopped her from walking away.

''I'm not going to listen to your bullshit Troy. You need help, I'm trying to get it for you and instead of being grateful, you shout in my face calling me a stubborn bitch. Yeah, I think you already know you're sleeping on the couch tonight.'' Amanda ripped her arm out of his hold and took a step back.

The last couple of days had been fine, until one day Amanda decided to bring up the therapist situation to Troy. He was acting fine, but she knew deep down he was hurting and in pain in the inside.

''Because I don't need help!'' Troy yelled loudly, his chest moving up and down from his fast breathes to calm himself down.

''Yes you do! You just came back from the war Troy... the war! And you're telling me you don't need help?'' Before Troy could even say anything, Amanda was yet walking away from the argument.

She hated arguing with him, and to avoid one she walks away, which is something Troy has always found disrespectful.

''Your behavior lately has been fucking annoying. Cut it out or you're going to make me lose my temper.'' Troy had Amanda in the corner, her back pressed against the wall and her heart pounding against her chest.

She was afraid of him, of what he could do.