Chapter seven

¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸❤Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ❤¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

Maple's POV

In the hushed classroom, my pencil gently caressed the paper, giving life to a story that was both hauntingly sad and undeniably beautiful. The narrative unfurled around a fragile yet resilient girl.

She was a lost soul, adrift in a world where endless rain fell, its tears a reflection of her own deep sorrow. Her journey, which I was sketching without knowing its final destination, was one of introspection and discovery. She wandered through a landscape of misty forests and melancholic lakes, her steps echoing with the weight of her solitude. Each stroke of my pencil expressed the melancholy of her existence, yet there was a strange and captivating allure in her loneliness. 

As I continued to draw, I remained uncertain about how this character's story would conclude, mirroring the uncertainty and beauty of life's unpredictable path.

Suddenly a hand is waved in front of my face as I quickly look up away from my work and closing the cover, hiding my work from view. 

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I manage to make out from Sebastian's lips, a soft smile on his face. He moves to sit down in an empty chair opposite me. I've only just now noticed that no one's here. When did class finish?

I shake my head, giving him a polite smile. What is he doing here? 

"So is your work as amazing as everyone says?" I can tell he's trying to slow down his words for me, which causes a smile to make it's way onto my face. He noticed. 

I shrug my shoulders, tucking my work into my bag carefully, so that some of the fresh ink doesn't smudge, before turning back towards Sebastian. His eye's haven't left me once since he walked in here. I feel my cheeks heat up slightly not used to this much attention. 

He did text me for those first few days after he left me his number. He's been... nice, weirdly enough.

As I sat there in the cosy nook of the art classroom my heart raced like a wild melody. Sebastian, the guy I'd secretly had a crush on since school, had struck up a conversation with me. The cadence of our words flowed effortlessly, and then he asked the question that sent butterflies swirling in my stomach. 

"So um... I was wondering if. No classes. Right." His words hung in the air, and for a moment, time seemed to stand still. Um... I didn't get any of that. 

What do I do? 

Do I just... like nod or smile? That's what people do right when they're asked a question and they don't know what they just said. 

A hand closes over mine, warmth seeping into my bones. Looking up I notice Sebastian already looking at me with a worried crease along his brow. He lifts one finger up, motioning to wait, as he takes his phone out from his pocket. 

Oh well this is a bit of deja vu. 

I was just asking if you you wanted to go out for something to eat if you've got no classes on right now. 

I read, as he tilts the phone screen towards me. Wait. Hold on a damn minute. 

He's asking me out?... Again? I mean he already said he'd plan something over text but this is... this is something else.

I watch as Sebastian gets up when he notices my expression, before moving to sit down right next to me and handing me his phone, which I noticed had another message on. 

Here. You type and I'll listen. 

I would have laughed at that if I wasn't so nervous right now. I hover my fingers over the keyboard trying to think of what to say, and before I know it my fingers are moving faster than my brain can keep up.