²⁹ 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙽𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃𝙼𝙰𝚁𝙴

˗ˏˋ𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭ˊˎ˗
𝚡𝚡𝚒𝚡. 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎

 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎

𝑨𝑵𝑨𝑲𝑰𝑵'𝑺 chest rose and fell hastily, his body drenched in sweat and his eyes clenched shut

𝑨𝑵𝑨𝑲𝑰𝑵'𝑺 chest rose and fell hastily, his body drenched in sweat and his eyes clenched shut. Spinning in his own thoughts, all he could see was what his brain had plagued him with. Images of his wife, crying out and screaming in pain. 

"Ahh! Where's Anakin?" Dream Lia asked

A baby began crying as Dream Lia sobbed.

"Anakin, help me!" Dream Lia exclaimed

In his head, he saw the one thing that truly terrified him. Lia was going to die in childbirth. The thought was chilling, chilling enough to bring him back to real life. His eyes snap open in panic as he panted. The blonde held his head in his hands, glancing over at his wife's sleeping figure, relief washing through his mind before he swung his legs over the edge, swallowing thickly as his eyes began to gloss up with tears. Anakin stood from the bed, slipping on his robe as he descended down the steps and onto the balcony.

Lia stirred in the sheets, her hand reaching for her lover only to find his spot empty. The brunette's eyes fully opened as she glanced around, pursing her lips as she stood up from the mattress. Slipping out from under the covers, she headed downstairs, that was the most probable place he'd go. Her feet padded softly against the cold marble floor as she made her way down the stairs to the balcony. As she entered the area, she was greeted with the back of Anakin.

His body was tense and in clear distress. The vast city of Coruscant was spread out before him. As she made her way next to him, her hands gently grasped his own and his eyes immediately found hers. She could see the redness of his eyes, the aftermath of his tears. Lia's lips tugged down to a frown, her free hand gently cupping his cheek. His eyes fluttered shut for a moment, head leaning into her palm. His own hands made a home on her body, one pulling her closer from the small of her back and the other on her side. 

"What's bothering you?" Lia asked, concerned

Anakin sighed.

"Nothing." Anakin dismissed

His hand on her side slid up to her wavy hair, a finger wrapping around a ringlet. A light smile grazed his lips as he drank in her features. He played with the bracelet he gave Lia for their first wedding anniversary.

"I remember when I gave this to you." Anakin said

He was trying to change the subject. Lia sighed and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"How long is it gonna take for us to be honest with each other?" Lia asked

Anakin sighed and looked away from his wife.

"It was a dream." Anakin said, simply

"I'm assuming it was bad?" Lia asked

"Like the ones I used to have about my mother, just before she died." Anakin said

"And?" Lia pressed

Anakin turned to face his wife.

"And it was about you." Anakin revealed

Lia felt herself grow concerned as Anakin's grip on her tightened.

"Tell me." Lia said

"It was only a dream." Anakin dismissed

He let go of Lia and walked over to the balcony. He felt Lia's eyes on him and he turned back around to face her. He took a deep breath when he sees the long, worried look Lia was giving him.

"You die in childbirth." Anakin explained

"And the baby?" Lia asked

She placed a hand on her growing bump, concern growing for the baby growing inside her. Anakin shook his head.

"I don't know." Anakin said

Lia shrugged off the vision and moved closer to her husband.

"It was only a dream." Lia said

Anakin backed away.

"I won't let this one become real." Anakin promised

"This baby will change our lives. Padmé has already stopped me from being her bodyguard. And if the Council discovers you're the father, you'll be expelled..." Lia ranted

"I-I know. I know." Anakin said

Lia placed her hands on her husband's chest as she gazed into his worried eyes.

"Do you think Obi-Wan might be able to help us?" Lia asked

Anakin's expression became stern.

"We don't need his help. Our baby is a blessing." Anakin said

He smiled and pulled his wife into a hug.