"We'll more the pirate ship to Dock 88 and run a full forensics sweep," Lieutenant Commander Drake reported as he stood behind Jonathan.

"Hmm..." Jonathan hummed to himself.

Knock! Knock! A marine knocked on the office door and let himself in.

Jonathan and Drake turned to face him.

"We have a situation," the marine announced as he held a Transponder Snail. "Sirs, some vessels that are outside the sea gate are demanding entry."

"Demanding?" Lieutenant Commander Drake repeated.

"Due to the State of Emergency, I advised them to stand by," the marine explained, "But..."

"Sir," the voice of one of the marines on the ships outside came over the Transponder Snail. "We barely made it out of that storm in one piece! Please allow us to dock! I don't know how much longer we can stay afloat!"

The marine speaking had his arm in a sling while two marine behind him carried a third across the ship on a stretcher.

"I don't care how badly their ships are damaged," Lieutenant Commander Drake insisted. "There's a possibility that pirates have infiltrated this fortress. So they'll have to find help elsewhere. If we let them in now, it'll cause confusion..."

"Open the gate," Vice Admiral Jonathan interrupted. Drake turned to stare at him in surprise. "Permit their entry. And immediately assign a medical team to them as well."

"Yes sir," the marine with the Transponder Snail replied. He turned and left the office.

"Vice Admiral..." Drake spoke up.

"What a terrible thing it is to be helpless in the middle of the Grand Line," Jonathan sympathized with the injured marines. "Even someone like you can understand that feeling, can't you Lieutenant Commander?"

"Of course I understand..." Drake admitted. His fist was clenched and shaking, "But what about the pirates?"

"I've got the situation in hand," Jonathan told him. "To tell you the truth, its been quite some time since I've gotten this riled up about anything. They can't get out of the fortress so the problem becomes finding them. But why did they even come to Navarone in the first place?"

Jonathan picked up three familiar wanted posters from his desk and stared at the one on top.

"Monkey D. Luffy..." Jonathan mused. That's where he made his first mistake. He focused on Captain worth 100,000,000 berries that was grinning like a buffoon. As a result, he didn't pay enough attention to the sly First Mate giving him the finger and the glaring green haired swordsman worth 80,000,000 and 60,000,000 berries.

-x-

In the gate control room, a large gear spun as the huge metal G-8 Gate to the fortress was lowered to permit the three battered marine ships to enter the base.

"Three ships are coming in!" one marine called out.

"Proceed with caution," another one barked, "We are now at Red Alert!"

"Ready the boarding inspection bridge!" a third marine called out.

Two marines ran along one side of the bridge while a familiar green haired swordsman walked casually along the opposite side.

Zoro wore no disguise. He was in his ordinary clothes with is swords on plain display. It was only through sheer luck that the busy marines that were working the gate hadn't spotted him.

"This base is huge," Zoro thought to himself as he glanced around. He was unconcerned about being spotted and was more worried about the fact that he had no idea where he was.