Chapter Nine: Confrontation

As I was walking with Bucky, mostly in silence, Zed and Eliza walked up to me and Eliza asked, 

        "Hey we were looking for you, we wanted to know if you'll come and help us talk to the werewolves about voting for Zed for president."

        "Oh sure. Bye, Buckaroo." Bucky looked at me, raising an eyebrow,

        "What did you just call me?"

        "Buckaroo."

        "Don't ever call me that again." I laughed,

        "Ok, Buckaroo." I started walking away before I could hear Bucky's response, Eliza and Zed following behind me.

        "Alright so when are we talking to the werewolves?" I asked.

        "Well Zed and I were thinking maybe right after school ended. So let's try to get out of 8th period a little early and meet in the courtyard. All of us have study hall 8th period, right?" Zed and I nodded. 

        "Alright. Well it's settled then. I'm going to go meet up with Addison and Bree in the library now, they said the needed my help with some homework thing." Zed and Eliza nodded, we said our goodbyes. 

————————

        Apparently Addy and Bree weren't in the library yet, so I just decided to meet them there. When I finally got there, I noticed a wolf hiding behind a book, an upside down book. I decided to sneak up behind him. After a couple minutes of me observing him from behind, I noticed he wasn't actually reading. Which I had figured from just taking a glance at him to begin with.

        "Are you trying to spy on someone? Addison perhaps? Last time you saw her, your pack went fucking crazy." I asked, which caused him to turn around in a rapid speed.

        "How long have you been there?"

        "You didn't answer my question," I crossed my arms, and shifted my weight onto my left leg.

        "... and how come I didn't hear you sneak up behind me?"

        "Dawg, you still haven't answered my question. What does it matter whether you heard me or not??"

        "Because I have good hearing. I should've been able to hear you.." he looked like he was pondering something. Shit.

        "That's besides the point- Were you trying to spy on Addison?"

        "Why would I be spying on Addison? That's a silly question." He smirked, and took a step closer to me. 

        "Why did your pack try to go after her during the assembly??" I saw his smirk shrink a bit before he responded,

        "We just thought she was someone important. So, what's your name? I'm Wyatt."

        ".... I'm Y/N.. So if you weren't attempting to spy on Addison, then why are you hiding you face behind that book?"

        "Well I was reading it, silly."

        "Then why was it upside down?"

        "It wasn't. You ask too many questions."

        "Well pardon me for being worried about my friend, who for some reason is stupid enough to welcome a pack of angry werewolves into our school after they show up out of literally nowhere, and threaten to kill us!" I took a dramatic pause, stepping closer to Wyatt, "not to mention the fact that they tried to personally attack her!" I finished standing only a few inches away from his face, jabbing a finger into his chest.

        "That seemed personal," he leaned against the bookshelf and gave a toothy smile. One that reminded me of someone...  

        "That stupid smile of yours looks familiar."

        "-it does?" That's when it clicked.

        "It's you! You're the guy who was in that suit.. the one who took the werewolf drawing!" He seemed to be thinking back to that moment. But before he could say anything, Addison finally arrived and came up to us,

        "See, Y/N. I knew you'd finally come to your senses and make friends with the werewolves."

        "Shut up Addison. This isn't the begin of a friendship, it was hardly a friendly conversation."

Addison turned to Wyatt, "I'm sorry about her, she can be a little crazy at times and say things she doesn't mean-"

        "Um, I'm right here! And I meant everything I said."

        "-and she totally doesn't mean it."

        "It's okay, really. It was nice to make conversation. Even if it was a little hostile," Wyatt replied, to Addison. Addison turned her attention towards me,

        "The homework?"

        "Yeah yeah, let's go get a table."