Chapter Thirty Four

Start bij het begin

He raised a brow not believing me, "I'm sure you did, now come on mr. O'Connor wanted to see you too."

I felt my mom's stare on me but I didn't turn to her, just nodded and held tighter onto Divya who seemed to be trying to let go. "Don't leave, go with me."

Last thing I wanted was be on my own in this house.

"Okay." Divya nodded as we followed my parents.

The house was full of people I didn't recognize, not even Jessie's parents or brother seemed to be here. Probably because they still lived in Jerome.

When I saw my parents come to a stop I knew we had found they guy. My sight of him was obstructed by my parents and Tom who was also at the house and talking to him it seemed so.

"Mr. O'Connor, my daughter is finally here." My dad said—making Tom move out of the way so we had a clear view of each other.

And there he was... mr and mrs O'Connor, side by side. Like the perfect couple.

I clenched my jaw as I gave the man a hand shake and a fake smile, ignoring his wife at his side. "Mr. O'Connor."

"Please call me Patrick, I'm not old enough to be addressed as mr, less of by people my age." His fake charisma made me want to roll my eyes, but I fought the urge. "Who is this beautiful woman at your side, girlfriend?"

I saw his eyes not so subtly devour Divya as he looked her up and down swiftly... or maybe it was just me because no one else seemed to have caught it.

Regardless I moved my arm to encircle Divya's waist. "This is my best friend, Divya Cherian."

I really don't like this imbecile.

He leaned in to shake Div's hand. "Pleasure."

"Good to meet you too." Divya said making sure the shake didn't last and taking her hand back to her side.

"Jessie hi." Divya acknowledged her as well.

"Hi Divya." Jessie smiled before glancing my way before I quickly looked away.

"I just wanted to say my apologies, I'm aware you got into the accident after you were done repainting my room?" Patrick spoked to me.

That wasn't the only thing I was done doing that day.

"Right, don't worry it could've happened anywhere or at any moment." I waved him off, not needing his apologies. Genuine or not.

"Well I also wanted to thank you for your work on the house, did a fairly good job." Fairly good?

Asshole.

"I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed doing it inside and out." I smiled at him, not missing Jessie's eyes widening from the corner of my eyes.

"I need a drink! Kaden do you mind?" Divya spoke up pulling me away.

"Go with her kiddo, there's some things I want to ask mr. O'Connor." My dad came forward putting a hand on the man's shoulder.

"Of course, I have some questions of my own." They walked away before we did, my mom then following after us. Leaving Jessie on her own.

"What were you thinking?" My mom asked when we were far enough.

"I thought it was hilarious." Divya chuckled, but shut up once my mom gave her a look. "It was... not. Very childish Kaden."

I rolled my eyes, "It's not like he knows."

"Maybe not now, but keep dropping innuendos and he might." My mom sighed and put a strand of hair behind my ear. "It's not worth fighting over someone that has already made their choice sweetie. I know you are hurt, but you have to accept it."

I frowned and shook my head. "I don't need a pep talk, I need a drink."

I walked away so I could finally get myself something to drink, Divya still following me. Not that I don't want her to, I brought her here the least I could do is stick with her.

"What happened between you two, you never gave me the details." Divya asked as she grabbed her and I a glass of whiskey.

"Because there weren't any details to be given. She ghosted me, no explanation whatsoever and I haven't seen or heard of her ever since." I said not mentioning Jessie's name.

"Damn she's cold." Divya muttered taking a sip from her drink.

"Whatever, I'm over it."

"Yeah you looked very over it back there."

Before I could say something back to her we were interrupted by none other than the owner of the house asking everyone in the room for their attention—his wife clung onto his side. This is the most I've ever seen the both of them together—let alone touching.

I hated it.

"My friends can I have your attention for a second?" Patrick O'Connor asked loudly, a drink at hand. Everyone quiet down at his request. "I just wanted to thank you for coming and to thank the construction team that made my wife's and I's dream house come to life... I know I can be difficult... Jessie would know." He laughed at his bad joke along with everyone else.

I could just scoff quietly.

"So thank you to Dereck and his team." He raised the hand with his glass. "Thank you for helping build the perfect house for me, my wife and our future child."

My eyes dropped to where his other hand had dropped... over Jessie's stomach. Her eyes met mine as the house erupted in cheers and if she hadn't stomped on my heart before she surely did now.

She slept with him... she told me she wouldn't

And now she's pregnant.

A/N - Sorry! This was always planned, so... sorry!

Thoughts?