ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ.

the others moved chairs in a circle. Nam-ra and Su-hyeok were sitting together by the open window. I was leaning against the windowsill, behind where the zombie girl was stuck. i made sure she couldn't reach me though.

"its gonna be okay." On-jo said, looking at cheong-san.
"if nam-ra is immune, does that mean she will be okay, even if she gets bitten?" Dae-su asked.
"probably." Joon-yeong said.
"shit thats not fair."
"she still has zombie blood in her veins." Ji-min spoke. I looked over at her, she looked at me and quieted down, a look of fear in her eyes. Do I scare her?

"she isn't completely a zombie." Joon-yeong looked at her.
"a half-bie?" Dae-su asked.
"whats half-bie?" Hyo-ryung asked.
"short for you know, half zombie." Dae-su rested his head on the back of his chair.
"really?"
"its like half and half. like half spicy half fried..." Dae-su groans. "i want chicken."
"thats enough dae-su."
Joon-yeong interrupts, "we havent had water in two days."
Dae-su shoots up, "is it true we will die if we dont have water for three days?"
"i dont know, please dont talk to me. im too hungry." Hyo-ryung whined out.
"dae-su, dont you want that soda we had on our way to school." Wu-jin teased dae-su. he just groaned again. Wu-jin and dae-su go back and forth about food and drinks.

"how can you think about food with a zombie here?" Ji-min asked. I shot her another glare, causing her to shut up and look down again.
"stop it, nam-ra isnt a zombie."
"half-bie."
"lets not do this to ourselves. we are all we got we have to stick together." On-jo said pleadingly.
"shes right. Nam-ra is better than Na-yeon."
"dont even say her name. shes subhuman. Gyeong-su died because of her and Ms Park too." Ji-min spits out.

I sigh with hurt. again, those names. that name. My fists tightened and I closed my eyes. trying to remember the good of Gyeong-su. I didn't know him yet, his death hurt me the most.

"thats true, if it weren't for na-yeon, they would be here with us right now." Joon-yeong said.
Cheong-san sits up, looking like he had an idea "wait, the PRA asked the parents to send some food and stuff before the competition. They asked my mom to send some chicken."
"chicken?" Dae-su sounded hopeful. he stood up. "we would see it if it were here, but im not seeing anything." he goes to sit back down but saw the door behind them. "maybe its in there?" he reaches for the doorknob but wu-jin grabs his wrist.
"hey hey hey! we dont know whats in there."
"we need to eat and survive first." dae-su tried to open the door. "damn it, its locked." he whined out, resting his head against it.
"lets find something to open it, something that can pick the lock." Cheong-san walked to them and looked at both dae-su and Wu-jin.

Dae-su grabs a hair pin and tried to lockpick it but it doesn't work.
"should we knock it down?" wu-jin asks. Dae-su kicked the door, then side slammed it. the zombies outside were getting riled up by the noise. Joon-yeong goes to one of the doors to hold it closed. "hey you gotta keep it down! be quiet!"
"hey, stop it. Dae-su stop!" Hyo-ryung says. Dae-su whines and slides down the door.

Ji-min picks up the old video camera. she opens it and hits record, facing it to her. I came to sit with them, but i was back a bit. the chair i sat at was behind Su-hyeok and Nam-ra. our backs facing each other.

"my mom and dad, they came to this school to save me. the cops and firefighters never came. if anybody is watching this after, punish them. all involved." a tear ran down her cheek. "they abandoned us, all of them have. ill make you pay." She rubs the tears off her cheeks. "hi mom, hi dad. ill stay alive and get revenge. ill kill all the zombies. and anyone else." She shut the camera and places it down on the table next to her. she was a sniffling mess.

Hyo-ryung picks it up and opens it, hitting record.
"mom, and dad. hello." she waved to the camera. "im here with some of my classmates and theyre really good to me. let me just show you, this is them." she pans the camera over to the people sitting in the circle, Wu-jin and Dae-su stood up to bow. "mom, dad, i miss you. i miss you both. and um, im so sorry." she took a deep breath in and tears ran down her face.
"hey give it to me, please." Wu-jin reaches for it. She hands it off to him.