"Do you have any proof?" Yujji asked. Sukuna was already gone and Yujji acted as innocently as he could.

Mio lazily looked at him and said, "Well, you can be a witness."

"I refuse."

All of a sudden, Mio realized that she had achieved nothing. She was at the same level as before. Everything was crystal clear before her, still nothing against Y/N. "Why did you both save me? I am a threat, ain't I?"

Y/N leaned on the same tree beside her. "You may be a threat, like you said but you never did anything wrong to me."

"So what?" Mio turned to look at her. "I may do something wrong."

"Who are you kidding? You are too good to do that."

"You don't know me well, little girl."

"Oh, I know that you read highschool romance novels at night. The one with soft girls being bullied and their prince charming coming to save them."

Yujji wheezed.

"What the fuck, Y/N?" Mio stood straight. "You sneak into my home at night."

Y/N laughed. "Got you. I was just guessing."

Mio turned red in embarrassment. "You both better keep it to yourself." Mio didn't want Satoru to know about it. It was an embarrassing hobby. A twenty-nine year old woman reading highschool romance. She would surely be laughed at.

"Oops! I heard it." Satoru appeared from behind the same tree that Y/N and Mio were leaning on.

All three of them were equally shocked. How long had he been there? He saw everything. He heard everything. Y/N could only think of somehow running away from him and hiding but Sukuna had closed the portal to the only safe place she knew.

"Are your games finally over, Y/N L/N?" asked Satoru in a grave tone. Now he knew that nothing could separate her from Sukuna. Even after she forgot him, her world rotated around him. He had lost to a demon but it was his duty to never let evil win.

Y/N smiled at him. "Looks like you have had enough of me. A voice inside my head says that something terrible is about to happen."

"I wish that voice had shown you the right path. Things would have been different."

"Come on! I did nothing wrong. I punished the vile souls that your courts couldn't. Someone had to do it."

Satoru sighed. "Y/N, this world functions on some rules."

"Why are we having this conversation again?"

"This is my final attempt to make you quit what you are doing. This is not right, Y/N. You have to understand." He looked at Mio. "Say something. You are a part of the justice system. You believe in it. Tell her why she's wrong."

Folding her arms under her chest, Mio looked away with a straight face. "I don't take orders from strangers," she said.

Y/N and Yujji exchanged confused glances.

Satoru grinned and asked, "Are we still angry, Mio-chan?"

"Y/N, next time you hide at your boyfriend's place, please take me with you," Mio demanded. "I want to stay a hundred miles away from this man."

Satoru pouted. "Am I that bad?"

"Sensei must have said something very mean," Yujji whispered in Y/N's ear, who nodded in agreement.

"Come on, forgive me already. Don't you think I'm way too charming to be angry at?"

"You're just an annoying guy with..." Mio would not compliment him. She had not forgotten what he said.