3

After their time in Paris, Nicki had seen the pictures of Beyoncé out at the fashion show. Beyoncé was with her husband and Nicki felt a pang inside. She'd never asked about their arrangement and why Beyoncé was using her. It was just sex but this woman had a husband. She felt herself becoming ever more curious. Why was she doing this?

Beyoncé was eating lunch when Nicki entered the room. They were in Barcelona now and the atmosphere was light. The scent of heavily seasoned chicken wafted into Nickis nostrils and, if her body clock wasn't still at breakfast she would've taken some for herself.

It was still early, so Beyoncé was alone with her hair braided atop her head. She had one leg crossed over the other and wore a white robe with the words "Renaissance World Tour" embroidered in silver on the fabric. She would be performing again in 8 hours.

"Hey Beyoncé" Nicki said trying to temper her excitement. Beyoncé's presence always seemed to envelop her entirely. She was a woman who felt like more sometimes - as if she was beyond what it meant to be a person.

"Hi," Beyoncé replied still swallowing her food, as Nicki took in the sight of her. She looked so casual and regular compared to her usual glamorous image, yet Nicki was entranced. She yearned to be good enough for her, but she wondered if she ever would be. Beyoncé was like a cloud that could cover her for days - leaving Nicki both excited and nervous, and undoubtably overwhelmed. She watched her silver fingernails as Beyoncé placed the bone onto the plate. She then popped that finger into her mouth, licking the flavour from her fingers.

"You look good" Nicki said, in a failed attempt to make small talk.

"Really?" Beyoncé chuckled. She did not agree as she wasn't ready yet. She had a team on hand who would do that for her. Beyoncé's focus here was on getting mentally prepared. Her husband had spent the morning telling her to relax, but nothing seemed to be working. She had pre-performance jitters.

"I think I want to wear this tonight," she gestured toward a silver material. It was custom Stella McCartney, glimmering with silver crystals. Nicki examined it, imagining the outfit on Beyoncé's body. It would look sexy, she knew that for sure. Though, she wondered how Beyoncé always managed to hide her goodies. She was always impressed when Beyoncé undressed, her boobs being bigger than they appeared in her stage outfits.

She shoved those thoughts away and looked at the outfit wondering what her hairstylist would do. She would need a hairstyle that complimented her outfit, that allowed the outfit to shine without distracting. But, Nicki wasn't doing her hair today. Beyoncé had a hairstylist and only called Nicki on occasion. Nicki was there for one thing and that was not to do hair.

She bit her lip and wondered when Beyoncé would be ready. She enjoyed the time they spent together, when Nicki was just a friend to Beyoncé. Though neither of them spoke much to each other, they shared small moments that felt meaningful. Nicki wasn't there to work today. Still, she couldn't help herself from playing in Beyoncé's hair.

Beyoncé sat patiently, allowing Nicki to take out her braids. She finished eating and every so often, the two would catch each others eye in the mirror. Low eyes and lip bites told Nicki everything she needed to know. There was something beautifully intimate about doing someone else's hair. Her fingers messaged her scalp and she teased Beyoncé, occasionally stroking the hair behind her neck.

They each looked at each other in the mirror before Beyoncé finally broke the silence. She closed and locked the door eyeing Nicki through hungry eyes.

Smirking, Beyoncé raised a brow, "we have some time before everyone's here." Immediately Nicki sank to her knees and began crawling toward Beyoncé who watched her with low eyes. Her body started to heat as she got closer to the woman.