Chapter Five

Everyone faced Spruce who stopped at his tracks.

Branch: What? 😒

Spruce: Will you guys get mad if I tell you this? 🥺🥺🥺🥺

JD: No. 😶

Poppy: Mad? Of course not. 😊

Clay: Nope. 😯

Floyd: No.... 🤨

Branch: No why? 🤔🤔

Spruce: Good because I need a john. Where can we find a john?

Silence came pretty quickly as they stared at Spruce. Their eyes widened, which they slowly turned to JD, who frowned for the first time on this trip.

JD: Huh?? Me??? You need me? I'm right here.

Spruce: No, no. You know....

Everyone: .......... 👀👀👀👀👀

JD: Are you sure that you're not talking about me?

Spruce: UGH, DID I SAY THAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT YOU?! IT'S A PLACE!!! A JOHN!!! 😤😤

Everyone: .........

Floyd: Umm....

Spruce: You know...a washroom? A comfort station? A latrine? You guys got to know about that one. Right!? Especially you, Bitty B!!

Again everyone shook their heads, except for Branch who blinked at him, not knowing what he was talking about, feeling confused while at the same time a bit annoyed again due to time being wasted on small talk. They continued to walk again.

Spruce: UGH, YOU GUYS ARE SO FOREIGN!!! 😤😤😤😤

Branch: OKAY, WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THESE GUESSING GAMES!!! 😠😠😠

JD: Yeah. If you're trying to do those code messages, then I can't recall them.

Floyd: Me neither. Sorry...

Spruce: THEY ARE NOT CODES!!!!

Clay: OH YEAH, IF THEY'RE NOT CODES, THEN JUST TELL US!! 

Spruce: FINE, I HAVE TO GO TINKLE, OKAY!?! 🤭🤭🤭🤭🤭

Spruce gasped, covering his mouth. Everyone stopped walking. All eyes were on him. JD slowly shook his head, Branch let out a heavy sigh, Poppy covered her mouth which she let out a small smile, Clay made tsking noises, and Floyd said I knew it, shaking his head. Spruce blushed and pressed his lips in a tight way. He glared at Branch and JD.

Spruce: THANKS A LOT GUYS!! YOU MADE A FOOL OUT OF ME!!! 😳😳😳😳

JD: That didn't come out of my mouth. (Snickers) 😏😏😏

Spruce: I'VE BEEN HOLDING IT FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES!!

Poppy: Uh, oh.

Branch: Oh, great. 🙄 This is what I was afraid of running into. 

Floyd: I did warn you not to drink two cups of iced tea before we left. But did you listen to me? No.

Spruce: WHAT? I WAS THIRSTY!! AT LEAST I DIDN'T DRINK ANOTHER ONE!! 😡😡😡😡

Floyd: Thank goodness!

Branch: Can you hold it just a little longer? We need to get to the red boulder before night.

Poppy: Branch...

Branch: (Smiles at Poppy and waves a hand at her) Don't worry, he can make it.

JD: (To Spruce) Yeah, bro, you'll be okay. Just hold it.