【18】

Thank the powers above meeting Yeji's parents was so damn easy, because Lia was practically pulling her own hair out of her head getting ready to fly over to Boca Raton, Florida to meet her own parents. Yeji was stressed too, but Lia was distressed and straight up scared.

"My mother is crazy, Yeji. Crazy! She will stop at nothing to try and tear us apart." Lia stressed on the drive to the airport. She finally got her car back after it was in the shop for a bit for the tires and other maintenance. Yeji rubbed her thigh soothingly as she drove.

"Well, that won't happen! Ryujin and Chae are spending break on campus, you want them to come?"

"No... they just wanted to meet you."

"Is there anything I can do, Lia?"

"No. You just be you. You're perfect. It's all my mom."

And on the private jet, Lia was still as stressed. It was all she could think about, and she was beginning to get a headache. The inside of her jet was white and blue, and the bright colors were only making her headache worse.

"Aish sibal, I'm fucking scared!" She screamed in stress, holding her head.

Seeing Lia like this hit Yeji like a shot in the heart, she couldn't handle it any longer and she couldn't stand comforting her with words and cuddling any longer.

"Ok, that's it. Get up." The brunette decided, getting up and dragging Lia up from her seat.

"Wae..." Lia whined, staring at Yeji as she connected her phone to the jet speaker and began playing romantic music. Mostly k-drama OST. Then she took Lia's hand and wrapped her other arm around her waist and began slow dancing around the lounge with her.

"Please, just breathe, Lia. Stressing like this will kill you." Yeji said gently, just above a whisper. "I know you're scared and you're nervous. I am too, but regardless it will happen and we'll be together through it all. It can't be so bad then, right?"

Lia rested her head on Yeji's chest, nodding against it.

"You think if they see how much we love one another, they'll bend a bit?" Yeji asked with hope.

Lia's silence answered the question for Yeji, she sighed and kissed the blonde's forehead.

"My dad will like you, he loves sports."

"That's 50% success right?"

"Yeah."

"But tell me this, Lia."

Lia looked up at Yeji.

"No matter how this weekend goes, will your feelings for me change?"

"No. Nothing could change it, Yeji.

"Exactly, we're not going for approval, we're already together. And about your mom... she'll do as she pleases. But at the end of the day, if she decides to accept us or not, why should we care? We're not with her, we're with each other. We only feel each other's happiness and our own, not hers. Pleasing everyone is not an option, so we might as well do what we want, right?"

Lia nodded, she felt what Yeji was trying to say. That by being with Yeji and not changing it because her mother doesn't support it isn't betraying her mother. It's living her own life. She still loves her parents but as an adult with her own life outside the house, what they think about the people that make her happy doesn't really matter to her. Not anymore.

"You're so positive, I love you." Lia sighed, closing her eyes and continuing to sway with the brunette.

Before they landed, they changed clothing, thinking they should appear formal casual rather than lazy slob like right now.