Who is he? Just know that I will be running background checks again.

Eomma, is it true that you and dad love me 

unconditionally? No matter what?

Of course, my love. Why? What's going on?

Tell me right now, Jisu.

Lia winced at the use of her government name.

This lover of mine

Isn't what you think.

Child, you cannot just leave it at that. You need to tell me everything.

You've fallen for a woman, haven't you...

Yes.

I'm sorry, Eomma.

But she is a wonderful person. Well mannered, caring, kind. She's treated me better than any man ever has.

I think I can love her because I'm already in love with her.

Her mother, Munyeong, stopped responding after that. But she did read the message. It made Lia nervous, like she would vomit, sitting in her bed, she hugged her pillow waiting for a response. Her eyes tearing up in anticipation and fear.

Then her phone buzzed with an incoming call, it was her mom. She took a breath to try and inhale courage and then answered. "Eomma..." She whimpered.

"Jisu... Jisu Julia Choi Bennett..." Munyeong sounded so incredibly disappointed, and it made Lia want to cry.

"I know. I'm sorry, Eomma. Please still love me, don't abandon me..." Her tears stained her light blue pillowcase.

"Jisu Julia Choi Bennett..." Munyeong sighed again, Lia's dad, John, could be heard in the background.

"I didn't know either, John, okay? She just told me..." Munyeong stressed to her husband.

"Put her on the phone." John demanded.

Munyeong gave the phone to him, and he began speaking immediately.

"Julia..." He sighed.

"Dad?"

"Your mother and I raised you differently from this."

"I know, but I can't control how I feel for her. She protects me, and just treats me so well. If you just give her a chance, I think you'd be happy that I'm in such good hands!"

"What... what is this woman's name? We'll have to run a background check before you two come."

"John, we are not welcoming her rebellious fling into our home!" Munyeong said in objection, Lia was on the verge of sobbing uncontrollably. She knows her emotions are real, not a fling. They don't know everything.

"Munyeong... listen, I'm going to tell Lia what we told ourselves before we decided to have a family... Lia?"

"Yes, dad?"

It did pain John and Munyeong's hearts to hear in Lia's voice that she was crying in fear. Their reaction must make her think that they don't love her anymore.