ʙʟᴜ! ꜱᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇꜱʜᴏᴛ (ʜᴜʀᴛ/ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ) - ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ.

Request: Can I request something sorta angsty, yet fluffy towards the end for soldier (blu specifically)?

Specifically something to do with a losing streak, and the reader feels like a disgrace to the team. So he's sat there to comfort them. Maybe in like a friends to lovers context too (so like that's when a first kiss happens)

Sorry if this is too much, I'm not really good at writing and I enjoy the way you write the mercs in general

Wc: 1.8k

Themes: Hurt/comfort, angst, fluff, romantic

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

You hear a loud knock at the door, making you jump. It doesn't take much effort to know who could possibly be knocking that loud- and who would be busting the door down, had you not locked it.

You can't let him see you like this.

He'll think you're weak, right? You can't let him know how easily stuff gets to you. How easily a mere few words can plague your mind- and destroy it from the inside out. Not to mention the terrible job you've been doing on the battlefield, all of your recent losses feel like they were your fault. You could have done something better every time, and it feels like you never learn from your mistakes despite trying so hard to do so. The last battle was what tipped you off the edge completely- you could have won. But you hesitated. The RED Soldier ran off with the intelligence, and you were a second too late to attack. Most of the BLU team saw it, and decided to keep quiet and distance themselves. Spy was the only one to speak up later once you two had ended up alone in the hallway of the base.

"I NEED YOU TO GO EAT, PRIVATE! WE'RE CURRENTLY PUTTING THE FOOD AWAY AS WE SPEAK."

You nod to yourself- you know for a fact that you risk a great chance at your voice cracking if you spoke. Despite that nod, you know you don't have the guts to show your face to anyone any time soon- it's going to take a while for your face to get less red and puffy.

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE, COME EAT OR I'M BREAKING DOWN THIS DOOR!"

Oh. Oh no. You know that the guy has no restraint- but does he really have to do that far again? This'll be the third time you've seen him punch a hole through your door since you've been here- and you've been lucky compared to the others.

You let out a quick sigh, going up to gently lean on your door. Without opening it, you talk to him through it;

"I'll- I'll go eat later. I'm not hungry right now."

That came out a lot softer than you had hoped, and a lot more hesitant.

"NO, SIR! YOU NEED TO RE-FUEL FROM OUR EARLIER BATTLE!"

And with that, he begins to fumble with the doorknob. You try to hold it in place- but it's no use.

"I AM COMING IN NOW!! I WILL BRING YOU TO THE TABLE MYSELF."

You...don't really have a choice here, do you? You'd rather not have to ask Engie to replace your door handle again, so you reluctantly unlock it, still doing your best to hold it in place. You're still not ready to face him.

It doesn't take much for him to push the door open- nearly shoving you aside until he feels the extra weight against the door.

"THERE! NOW COME-" He cuts himself off mid-sentence when he sees your fragile form, holding your hands to your chest and making yourself appear as small as possible.

He stutters a few words, a mix between you's, what's and how's. He's never been too good with words, and he's really regretting that right now.

"WHO-" he notices the way you flinch a bit at the loudness, and immediately adjusts himself.