||chapter 1: the incident||

Tw: swearing, mentions of blood, and serious wounds

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"BREAKING NEWS: TWO HURT ONE MISSING IN VANDALISM CASE"

'Oh god what happened?' I thought as I opened the news story on my phone. "Two hurt one missing in a teenage vandalism stunt in the Showfall Media headquarters near Los Angeles, California gone sour. 911 operators were called around twelve am last night, on the other end of the phone is a boy named Alexander Herbrew who had been seriously hurt along with one other named Caleb korton. Mateo Renolds however, went missing that night and has not been found."

'Mateo you fucking idiot!' I thought of my cousin who was always doing "risky" things that got him in trouble. He was too young to get into adult court, but too old to get off freely, and he usually ended up in juvie, but it was unlike him to get lost while doing what he does and he almost never wanders away from his gang of friends. So, why did he disappear, even better why was Showfall not saying anything about this?

Usually Showfall was pretty up front when it came to vandalism cases, and they aren't saying anything about Mateo's disappearance, which in my opinion is a serious red flag.

////////////////////////////////

Mateo's pov

///////////////////////////////

How long has it been since I was knocked out? Five hours? Six? i didn't know at the time and I never would. My mouth was gagged, my arms and legs were tied to a metallic chair so it was obvious that whoever had me at the moment wasn't with the authorities. I started to struggle, the chains that were restraining me rattling as I tried to twist out of the chains. "You're not going to be able to get out of those."

I stopped struggling and looked around the room. It was a relatively empty room, honestly it reminded me of the juvie cells, a small room with gray wall tile, a table sat about twenty feet in front of me. 'so it's an interrogation room.' I thought. "who said that?" "what do you mean who said that? I'm right here." The mysterious voice said. "what the hell? I muttered. "Oh i'm stupid." The voice said, then suddenly a person appeared. His entire appearance unnerved me, but I think the fact that his entire face was mauled as if someone took a sledge hammer to his face. "who-wha-w-what are you?" I stuttered.

He smirked "what am I? Pfft, more like who am I. I'm pretty surprised that you don't know who I am, most of you "contestants" know who I am." I gave him a confused look. "What do you mean by "contestants"?" I asked. "You really don't know?" The voice asked. "No?..." "oh you poor thing. Welcome to Showfall media's fun little game, welcome to Generation Loss Mateo." "H-how do you know my name?" I was slightly scared.

"Oh I know a lot of things Mateo." He looked at the door on the other end of the room. "Shit." He muttered. "What?" I asked. "You're about to meet the man behind the slaughter... Just don't piss him off." "huh?" I asked. "He'll kill you if he finds out I've been talking to you." "What?" Right before the voice left me alone in the room, he said six words."Oh, and my name is Ranboo."

///////////////////////////////////////////////

𝘾𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Six days, it had been six goddamn days since Mateo disappeared. My phone went off, it was a youtube notification. Obviously intrigued I opened the youtube app. "Oh god!" I whispered. It was a notification alerting of a new teaser for a new version of Generation Loss, and the entire fucking cast was minors. This scared me, but what probably scared me the most was that Mateo was in the cast, and he wasn't a side character.

"shit, shit, shit, shit!" I was alone now. mom was sick and in the hospital, I was alone now, alone and scared. I knew mom couldn't take this right now. We adopted Mateo after my aunt and uncle lost their lives in a car crash, when he had nowhere to go we took him in and he became a brother to me.

She couldn't take this right now, she was sick, really sick, and she wouldn't be able to handle the fact that her nephew, who was basically her second son, is in a life or death situation. I was on my own for this, and if my stupid cousin could break into Showfall then so could I.

TW: flashing lights