"We have one."

All eyes traveled to Luca. Only Evelynn and Kirsten were aware that the Antonio teen went to the police multiple times to try and expose the truth behind the death of Sheriff Peterkin. Even after John b and Sarah's 'deaths', he had no problem trying to give his statement.

Much to their dismay, Shoupe turned him away each time. Luca's persistence led to the new Sheriff going to his parents to demand that they keep their son away from the station.

They genuinely didn't want to hear what he had to say, despite him actually being present during her murder.

"I've tried." Luca rolled his eyes, "Believe me. It's not gonna work."

Pope sighed, "Okay, well—We saw Ward's plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it. He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered. We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record."

"How do we do that?"

"A little light espionage."

JJ smirked, "A little ghost recon."

"Woogity-woogity?"

"Woogity, baby."

•••

"If this guy flew planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight-lipped."

"So then direct approach gets my vote." JJ said, cocking his gun.

Kirsten huffed, "JJ, no."

"No. What?" Kie turned in the drivers seat to look at him, much to Kirsten's annoyance.

"Pay attention to the road."

"Put the gun down, man."

"Guys! We gotta keep this simple, or we'll never get John B off."

"Or we just tickle the wire."

"What?" Evelynn's voice came in from Kirsten's phone. The girl and Luca had to drive in the Antonio's car, both because Kie's vehicle didn't have enough space and Luca refused to leave his car in The Wreck's parking lot unattended.

"We tickle the wire." Pope repeated for her, "I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen in on your AirPods."

"Isn't that illegal?" Luca could be heard asking Evelynn, the girl shrugging her shoulders in response, "It sounds illegal."

"Say something." The Heyward out his phone to Kie's mouth.

She shrugged, not knowing what to say on the spot, "Something."

"Okay, we have audio."

A few minutes of driving, the two cars came to a slow stop in front of a house, Evelynn still being on the phone with Kirsten.

"I think that's his house over there."

"All right, honk."

"Don't honk. You'll draw too much attention." Evelynn's eyes roll was practically sensed through the phone.

"Or, uh... or yell or something if you see anything suspicious."

"Don't do anything dangerous."

"Come on. I'm not JJ."

"Funny, Pope. Love third-wheeling. It's my favorite thing."

"Am I invisible?" Kirsten frowned. JJ snapped his head to her, kissing her cheek softly before pulling away.

"Yeah, my sister's right there." Kie said.

"Not invisible, you're just quiet." JJ smiled at the girl, unaware of the look they got from the girl in the drivers seat.