"Nice to meet you.", I say with a little grin. "I'm Kayla Barnes, Aaron's current girlfriend."

I don't take the hand that she offers me and she eventually puts it down.

"Anyway, I just wanted to know who Aaron left me for.", she says.

"If I remember correctly, it was you who left Aaron right?"

Her face turns red, but I can't tell if it's from embarrassment or anger. Probably a mixture of the two

"Don't get too comfortable Kayla. It's only a matter of time before he comes back to me. I've got him wrapped round my finger and soon, you'll just be another ex-girlfriend looking for a rebound."

"If that's all you have to say,", I sat calmly, "then I think I should go to class."

"Oh please, the bad girl going to class?"

"Yes", I say smirking as I walk out the door. "Aaron always gives me... rewards when I attend classes."

And with that suggestive remark, I saunter out, leaving the totally pissed girl behind me. Yeah, I am way better than that over pampered Barbie. I mimic her sassy walk as I stroll down the hallway

And walk right into Aaron.

"Dude, why are you here", I groan, rubbing my head which had been savagely attacked by his hard chest, while I silently pray that he did not see me doing that stupid walk.

"You're late to class. The teacher told me to come and find you. apparently, everyone knows we're dating now"

"Even your ex."

His ears perk up at once. "How do you know? Have you spoken to her?"

"I might have", I smile evasively, though his interest makes me slightly annoyed. "Maybe I'll tell you, maybe I won't."

"Why you little vixen. Tell me what she said or..."

"Well, well, the couple of the year."

We turn around to see Jason leaning against the wall, his eyes on us.

"You just love to take things from me don't you Delany.", Jason continues. "My position as team captain, my girlfriend. Why can't you be satisfied with your own life?"

"From the way it looks, you are the one obsessed with my life", Aaron responds, stepping in front of me protectively.

A cute gesture, though I can handle myself. Also, I don't like the thought of Aaron fighting Jason. Jason is quite strong, and I would hate a lowlife like him to hurt Aaron.

"So you and Kay are together huh? She's a hot one – nice little slut. Very good in bed if you know what I mean. She does this thing with her tongue..."

Jason never finishes his sentence as Aaron's fist crashes into his face at that second.

"Don't you dare talk about my girlfriend that way."

He kicks Jason down to the floor, then raises him by his collar and smashes him into the wall. There is blood everywhere, but Aaron doesn't seem to care.

The bell rings, and students come pouring out of classes, but pause when they see the blood and Jason whimpering like a pathetic cat in the corner. One girl screams, and a teacher appears like magic.

"What is going on... Aaron Delany, Jason Deere, can you explain yourselves."

Oh shoot.

Jason and Aaron instantly pull away from each other. Aaron's usually neat uniform is now untidy and skewed, but otherwise, he is unhurt. Jason on the other hand looks worse. His nose is bloody, and the blood is dripping down the front of his shirt. He has a very pissed off look in his eyes

If Jason spills the beans, Aaron might get suspended. Yes, I want to win the bet and make him a bad boy, but I don't want to ruin his future in the process.

I am just about to step up and take the blame when Jason speaks.

"We were just horsing around sir"

The teacher raises a heavy eyebrow and I instantly recognize him – Mr Kabab, the calculus teacher, renowned for his long detentions.

"Are you sure about that, Deere? You look more beat up than anything."

"It was just some guy horseplay.", Jason repeats, though his voice is hard and stony.

Mr Kabab sighs. "Since you are beat up, I won't hold this against you. Go to the nurse's office and tell them to clean up this blood."

Jason gets up and scurries away like the worm that he is.

"As for you," Mr Kabab turns to Aaron, "I am highly disappointed, you are to be a model student, not running around causing trouble. Adjust your uniform at once."

"I'm sorry sir", Aaron apologizes, and I notice that he does sound really sorry as he fiddles with his tie, cleaning himself up until he is back to his properly dressed self.

"That may be the case, but you still need to be punished. Three days' detention for you, young man, and I hope that you think about your actions while you're there.", he says, wagging a finger in Aaron's face.

Aaron doesn't even argue. He picks up hid glasses which must have fallen on the floor during the fight, and quietly walks down the hall until he has disappeared from my sight.

"As for you, young lady", he turns to me, his face registering distaste, "you have my class now. Hand over your homework and we'll go. And fix your uniform. The tie belongs around your neck, and your buttons should be done to the top."

Quickly, I make up my mind.

"Sorry old kebab, I did your assignment, but my dog ate it. And I am not going to adjust my uniform. I have the right to freedom of expression, and this is my expression"

Mr Kabab's face turns pale, then red. "Then I have the right to give you detention, until you learn to show respect."

I grin. "Of course Mr Kabab."

Before he has the opportunity to take back his decision, I grin and scurry away from his presence.

A/N: So to those of you that noticed, this is a double update because I was just too anxious to put out the new chapter. So... what do you think of the book so far? Any suggestions? Also what do you think of Aaron and Kayla?