Home at last... //chapter two//

||Myung-hees POV||
I slept very early last night, struggling to sleep because of racist clients.
Sometimes I don't think that people realise how much words can pull you down.
In my opinion, painful words are just as strong as someone kicking you in the shin so suddenly that you begin to loose track of thought until everything goes blank and the sound of voices start to echo. It's almost the same as that.
Except, I have to stand up for myself.

There's never been a time where I thought "people will stop". Because people are like that. They won't stop. In-fact, they won't even change unless they realise they're in danger themselves in their own life situations.
Everyone has a story.
Therefore, you have to back up your story in order to over-come those echoing voices and finally see colour again.
-Enough of my 'okai' thoughts...

I get up and take a quick bath to refresh my stiff self.

I arrive at work 20mins earlier and wash everything up with Bora.
Aka my best friend. We both moved from Korea to here (LA) when we were
both 17.
We decided that it'd change our life immensely, not knowing even though L.A is a hot and glamorous place that's it'd turn out to be the same as Korea but not the same if that makes sense.

I've experienced many racist incidents. In Korea, we've learnt to love every person in this world, big or small eyed, chubby faced or slimmed. It's not about stereotypes and ones appearance.
Here, it's mostly about winning 1st and 2nd place. Staying under the sun with a good allowance and a flashing car. But for me and Bora... We've been less fortunate and people tend to try to ruin our great friendship just because we're both Korean.

Boras older brother visits us every now and then to check us up and tell our family about any detailed bad/good news.

*when the 20mins are over*
I daze off to the sound of clacking cups and chairs unstacking. For a moment, I have a little urge for another risk. What if I move back to Korea and try to pursue my dreams there. If that doesn't work out then I'll come back and live the boring life i'm currently trying to bare.

But would Bora move with me again? I hope I don't cause her to stress out when I tell her my thoughts.

*7hours later//work's finished*
Bora: Hey do you want me to ride you back home? Oooor you could come over for a bit and we can talk about what's been going on this week..?

Sure. I really do need a car. Sorry Bora...for always making you ride me to places. I say gripping my teeth with a sigh.

Bora: What are you talking about? Don't you ever apologise so unnecessarily. You can have a ride whenever without feeling bad. You're my best friend, silly.

I let out a sigh. Smiling at her. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful best friend.
-
Bora: Would you like a cup of tea oor?

No thanks Bora, just give me a glass of water. That'd be nice.

Bora: Absolutely.

She places her bag on the coffee table and brings me the water. We sit down and I start to wonder whether I should ask her about moving back to Korea or not. I stare at her for a moment.

Bora: Oh, I know that look.

Bora gulps down some of her coffee while staring back at me as though she's about to jump on me. I'm not ready.

Bora: Spit it out child.

My water? I say sarcastically making myself laugh a tad

Bora: Don't make me start.

Ugh fine. I say.
Wellllll.............

I've been having his thought ever since this morning now..

Bora: go oooonnn...
She takes another sip

I want to move back to Korea. To see if I can get into the fashion industry and finally get what i want.
I say it quick and look down, biting my bottom lip. Maybe I shouldn't have said it.
I look back up to see Bora looking stunned as ever. Oh no.

Bora: Where are you going to get the money?

Oh. I haven't thought about that.

Bora: I mean, it's your choice sister but... What if it doesn't work?

I look up
If it doesn't, then I'll come back and continue to live this way.
I look at her again confident this time. She looks so confused.

I hope I'm not rushing you to think right now.
I say

Bora: I mean... I could come. Where? in Seoul?

I nods at her response.

Bora: I could come but it'd be a hassle for me also.

I widen my eyes.
NO NO YOU DONT HAVE TO COME

Bora: then who will you have?

Family (mum and haeun)... ERIC!
I say approving with myself
Bora looks okay with what I'm saying now.

Eric is my guy best friend. Eric lives in Seoul with his mum. I haven't spoken to him in a while though. It'll be fun to hear what he has to say.