Mosspaw's pelt burned. Was it really that noticeable?

It's okay, a voice whispered in her ear. Mosspaw recognized it as Snowfur.

Mosspaw's jaw hung open.

"Mosspaw," Featherwhisker repeated.

"I can visit StarClan in my dreams," she blurted out.

His eyes grew wide. "You can what?"

"I do it almost every night. I meet with Snowfur and Cloudberry and they teach me things."

"Like what?"

"How to hunt, battle skills, how to recognize and use different herbs." Mosspaw stared at her mentor, trying to figure out what he was thinking. "Do you think there's something wrong with me?"

Featherwhisker held her gaze. "No." He sighed. "How long has this been going on?"

"Since I was first apprenticed to Thrushpelt."

She held her breath.

"Does anyone else know?"

"No."

Featherwhisker paused. "We should go back to camp," he finally mewed. "Collect your marigold. You need to get some sleep."

Mosspaw went to sleep as soon as they returned to camp and woke up feeling more energized than she had in moons. As she extended her paws into a stretch, Featherwhisker entered the clearing with a mouthful of flowers.

"You've been asleep all day," he observed. "You must have been exhausted."

Mosspaw licked her chest fur in embarrassment. "I'm fine, really."

"How would you feel about talking to Sunstar about your... situation?"

Mosspaw froze. "What?" He had agreed to keep it a secret!

"I won't tell him if you don't want me to. But I thought if he knew, we could use it to help the Clan."

"What if he thinks something is wrong with me?"

"He's your leader. He won't," he reassured her. "Mosspaw, you have an amazing gift. You can visit StarClan whenever you close your eyes. Don't you think that kind of power could help the Clan?"

Mosspaw looked at her paws. She knew he was right.

"Can I do something first?"

"Alright," Featherwhisker agreed. "I'll be waiting."

Mosspaw left the clearing and scanned the camp, searching for a familiar blue-gray pelt. She spotted it exiting the warrior's den.

"Bluefur!" she called, trotting over to her mother. "I need to talk to you." She tried to sound as serious as possible, but it was hard with her high-pitched voice.

"What is it?" Bluefur looked at her with curious eyes.

Mosspaw glanced around. "Not here," she mumbled, leading her to a quiet corner of the camp.

Bluefur sat with her tail tucked over her paws. "What is it, Mosspaw? You're shaking."

Mosspaw looked down at her paws. They were trembling like an earthquake had hit. She forced them to be still.

"I- I have a..." What was the right word? Gift? Power?

"Yes?"

"I can visit StarClan in my dreams," she blurted out. "Whenever I go to sleep."