"During a starvation, half the Clan decided to leave and find somewhere better to live," the cat explained. Mosspaw saw a group of cats walking together, through terrain she had never seen before.

"When they arrived here, conflict broke out, and the cats split into five Clans."

Five?

Mosspaw saw five cats sitting on the Highrock at Fourtrees.

"Four of the Clans drove the fifth Clan out. They had to go far away, and they found a new home."

There was suddenly a cliffside in front of Mosspaw, with a clearing at the bottom of it.

"The cats in the mountains still live on, and they are known as the Tribe of Rushing Water."

Mosspaw was inside the cave in the mountains now, listening to the sound of water flowing from the rocks, and the echoes of meows bouncing off the walls.

"You can open your eyes."

Mosspaw slowly opened her eyes, blinking to adjust back. She shook her head to clear it.

"Why are you telling me all of this?" Mosspaw felt heavy with the weight of her new knowledge. It was nearly strong enough to bring her down to the ground.

"Every cat learns this once they join StarClan. But you are already halfway here," Snowfur sighed. "So we decided it was time for you to learn. The cat who explained this to you was Moth Flight. She was the first medicine cat."

Mosspaw gazed at the fuzzy white cat. Her eyes were sparkling green, and deep with wisdom. She was startlingly beautiful.

"T-Thank you," Mosspaw stuttered.

"You're welcome," Moth Flight mewed simply. "Take care of yourself, Mosspaw. Remember the warrior code, and follow it well."

Was that a warning? Before she could ask, Moth Flight disappeared into the bracken.

"And I wanted you to meet Sweetpaw." Snowfur nodded to the small tortoiseshell. "She was a friend of Bluefur and I, and Thistleclaw's sister."

Sweetpaw dipped her head.

"She wanted to meet you. There aren't a lot of cats her age in StarClan."

"I hope we can be friends," Sweetpaw mewed.

"Me, too." Mosspaw touched noses with the apprentice.

"Oh, and Mosspaw," Snowfur mewed, "Tell Bluefur I love her, and that I miss her dearly."

Mosspaw nodded. She blinked and opened her eyes to find herself in Mothermouth.

"Come, Mosspaw."

Mosspaw looked behind herself to see Featherwhisker waiting. He was illuminated blue by the Moonstone. She followed him closely outside, where the rest of the medicine cats were waiting.

"Good dreams?" Runningnose asked, standing next to Yellowfang.

"All is well," Barkface mewed.

"Same for RiverClan," Mudfur nodded.

"Good," Runningnose mewed.

"And for ThunderClan?" Barkface looked down at Mosspaw. She felt small under his gaze.

"ThunderClan is good," Featherwhisker answered. "We will see you at the next half-moon."

They said their goodbyes and left for home. The sky was starting to turn purple and pink.

"Were we really in there that long?" Mosspaw asked.

"It doesn't feel like it, does it?" Spottedpaw agreed. "We'll be home soon, at least. I could use a real sleep!"

You have no idea, Mosspaw thought.

They arrived back to camp after a long walk and sat outside the medicine den, sharing tongues. Spottedpaw was the first to speak.

"What did you dream about, Mosspaw? Usually we share our dreams to try and figure out what they mean. But since it was your first time, I'm curious what yours was!"

Mosspaw hesitated. Did she really want her Clanmates to know that she was accepted as half-StarClan?

"I met my ancestors," she lied. "I met Daisytoe and Rooktail."

"That can't be true," Spottedpaw's eyes narrowed. "Usually cats learn about StarClan on their first visit."

Fox-dung! Mosspaw searched for another lie, but was interrupted.

"Featherwhisker, can I have a word?" Sunstar's mew sounded behind her

Thank you, StarClan!

Featherwhisker hurried off with her leader, and after the relief of being brought away from that conversation wore off, she began to wonder what her leader could want from him.