A Neutral Force

Aziraphale and Crowley were in the bookshop plotting how to 'deal' with the newborn Antichrist that Crowley had just delivered. Aziraphale had found a nice bottle of port in the chest he kept for nights like these. So, naturally, the pair were a little tipsy.

"What if we're not doing enough to influence the child? What if we are too good or too evil" Aziraphale sighed.

"I prefer the term mischievous, not evil. Makes me sound as though I'm doing this shit on purpose" Crowley slurred his words slightly as he spoke.

"Oh alright, dear, what if we are too good or too mischievous" Aziraphale raised an eyebrow.

"Actually that sounds childish, forget I said anything" Crowley muttered.

"Oh for Heaven's sake Crowley, make your mind up" Aziraphale shook his head, smiling at the demon's antics.

"Hmmm... I think we need something like a safety net. Like a source we can fall back on if he seems to be getting too swayed in one direction" Crowley wondered aloud.

"Like, another angel or demon? Wouldn't that be too risky?" Aziraphale asked.

"No, not another angel or demon. We need something else. A neutral force." Crowley responded.

"You called?" A figure appeared in front of the two supernatural entities. Aziraphale gasped and gripped Crowley's hand, while the demon nearly spilled his glass of port in surprise. The being became fully corporated, showing a young looking person with four small-ish wings sprouting from their shoulder blades and black and gold splotches on their face. Their wings were white and black, one of each colour on each side, and they had their long brown hair tied up into two pigtails that flowed down their back. They wore an oversized cable-knit sweater and black leggings with Doc Martin combat boots.

"Ether, a dramatic entrance, as always" Crowley acknowledged the being.

"Crowley, a pleasure, as always" Ether retorted.

"Crowley, who is this?" Aziraphale tapped the demonic spirit on the shoulder, having let go of his hand.

"Angel, this is Ether. They are neither an angel nor demon, and represent humanity. They are not good or evil, they are, as I put it, a neutral force" Crowley explained.

"Yep, I was created to represent and serve humanity around 6000 years ago. Pretty sure we have met before, though, Aziraphale. You were the Guardian of the Eastern Gate of the Garden, right? The one with the flaming sword? I've always wanted a sword, but no one will give me one" Ether asked the angel while pouting about the sword.

"Yes, I was the Guardian of the Eastern Gate, although I wasn't very good at it. I was supposed to be on Apple Tree Duty when Eve ate that apple. And then I gave them my sword" Aziraphale sighed, looking away.

"Nah, that was pretty cool of you, protecting humanity like that. I wasn't doing much then other than making weird faces at the koi fish by the waterfall and throwing bones to the lions" Ether continued, "So, why'd you call me here?"

"Well, I technically didn't call you here, you more just appeared, but that's besides the point. I've just had the joyous task of delivering the Antichrist. However, I've come to enjoy my time on earth and I don't really want it to end yet. So, I've roped in Aziraphale to help me influence the child as he's growing up so hopefully he won't end the world. But, we need assistance if we want to get him to be like a 'normal' human, or at least as normal as he can be. And, since you're the embodiment of humanity, I thought you'd be interested" Crowley explained.

"Well of course I'm interested. Why wouldn't I be? Saving humanity is literally what I was created for. This is my job. So, what do I have to do?" Ether accepted the offer with much enthusiasm, as if they had been born for this moment. Well, technically, they had been.