The Dinner Party

"...Elijah?" Liv asked with a raspy voice, then looked around the room. "...Excuse the mess, 'little' brother. I had some takeout," she joked while standing up, revealing the blood all over her clothes. Her white dress shirt was completely unbuttoned, showing off her toned stomach, V-line, and firm breasts in a once-white, stained red bra.

                    "I assume the conversation between you and Miss Forbes ended on a sour note?" He asked while walking to the windows, pulling the curtains back, and allowing the light in. Liv groans and covers her eyes in annoyance.

                    "Are you here for a reason, brother, or just to stick your nose into my affairs?" she asked sarcastically, running her fingers through her hair.

                    "We are supposed to meet with Elena's aunt today, so get cleaned up. It's rude to keep a lady waiting," he explained. Liv steps over the bodies around her, then head into her bathroom to shower as Elijah starts to clean up.

                    A few hours later, on the Old Fell Property, Jenna is taking Elijah and Liv on a tour of the historical sites in Mystic Falls. "The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence," Jenna explained as she pointed to the fence.

                    "Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families," Elijah said sarcastically as Liv rubbed her temple.

                    "Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asked.

                    "My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise," he explained.

                    Jenna looked up at him in surprise, "Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" she asked.

                    "Which means the ever-lauded founding families... didn't actually found anything," Liv grumbled.

                    "Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial," Jenna joked.

                    Liv chuckled, "Yes, they are, and here comes one now," she said, then glanced over at Alaric, who was walking up to them.

                    Jenna smiled, "Liv, Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman," she greeted.

                    "Yeah, I got your message about walking them here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know, being a history buff and all. Where to next?" he asked with a charming smile.

                    "I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendants of the slaves are the true keepers of American history," Elijah explained.

                    "Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec," Jenna said, then walked back to her car, leaving Elijah and Liv alone with Alaric.

                    "Alaric Saltzman. So, you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect," Elijah said as he looked the hunter over.

                    "So is Jenna," Alaric pointed out.

                    Liv smirked, "You don't have to be jealous. My little brother doesn't really pursue younger women," she said, causing the hunter to glare at her, but Liv's smirk only grew.