Chapter 10: Academy prelude

Start from the beginning

The campus didn't have much as the building was reserved for class and separately two buildings for the dorms...as for the meal system.

You were allowed to eat outside as the whole part of the city accommodated the academy.

Most of the shops near this school are restaurants and food stands.

Dawn : Interesting.

He could see a few students walking holding books or their swords...the academy is separated into two factions.

The mage and knight...Dawn chose the mage course as swordsmanship isn't his priority.

Plus, in the mage course you got a class about the chosen few...a group of people who obtained ability from heaven themself.

Dawn : Well that's just the human's way to call the holder of a unique skill.

Their knowledge about it is limited, it will increase in the future but now Dawn is probably the one who has the best knowledge about unique skills in the kingdom.

What he was after wasn't the knowledge but the device the kingdom was using to see if one has a unique skill.

Humans don't understand it yet can use it...Dawn wants to discover the secret behind it and hopefully he will learn something he didn't know from the novel.

This was just a side quest he put on himself, naturally the main point was to make his magic better.

Random student : Did you hear, the major once again broke a record.

Random student : Yeah ! She is incredible. I wish I could have her as my fiance.

Random student : Dream it, she is part of a viscount family she is out of our league.

Random student : Ugh, you're right...

Dawn could overhear some casual chatting, suddenly he got a bad feeling as he registered the information.

The major they were talking about is probably the major of the school, a role given to only one student in the entire academy.

The one who has the best overall being physical or mental exam...why does i feel Sol-

Sola : Yo, been a while right.

Dawn : ...

Sola Pov

When I learned that Dawn-kun was coming, I couldn't help but smirk and for the first time skipped class.

He could have at least told me a week before so I could arrange my schedule...but I had to learn it while being in theoretical class.

Ahh, anyway...i got up earning the attention of the few hundred students constituting my class along with the teacher.

Teacher : Mms Lavane, is there perhaps anything wrong ?

He instantly became nervous, logic since the start of my school life I quickly imposed myself as the best student and even the teacher couldn't manage my supposed excellence.

It was boring but this academy helped me focus on my training at least.

Sola : No, I will just leave this class.

Bowing lightly, I didn't wait for his answer and walked through the door...the career of this teacher will surely take a turn now that the best student to have ever set foot in this academy left his class midway.

Not my problem, he was a scumbag anyway...everyone here is, and with my high status I can't even go to the lower class and talk to them.

As they would either bow or run away...but it doesn't matter anyway, Dawn-kun is coming so i have to welcome him at least.