three

"he was never mine, but losing him broke my heart

"he was never mine, but losing him broke my heart."

ANDRÉS had somehow, somehow, managed to avoid seeing Joe that day. Even though the man had no plans to go out and about. Joe had wanted to meet up as soon as possible, but he played on the excuse of being a busy house husband - Joe easily bought into it.

He was currently making food for his wife and child while Fern (as always) watched some Disney movies and did some form of work. A picture for her new teacher. Andrés had decided it would just be best to try and ignore Lena, despite historic memories bubbling up in his brain causing him to be immensely unaware of his surroundings. He had barely noticed that his wife had come home and was ranting on the phone. Someone had misplaced an order and seriously messed up deliveries - never ideal.

When Andrés had noticed his wife, he feigned an untroubled smile, turning to watch her as she sat by the kitchen table looking as stressed as ever, "all okay?" he asked, making her a cup of tea in hopes of calming her down.

"Clearly not, Andrés," she spat slightly, brows furrowed as she whipped out her computer and began to type away. Lilith grumbled away as she did so, clearly not happy (Fern took that as a sign to waddle off into the other room). But from what Andrés could guess - she didn't want to talk about it. So he just placed the now made cup of tea beside her, kissing the top of her head before he continued with the chore of making food. The kitchen had filled with an uncomfortable silence and Andrés didn't quite understand why. He hadn't told her about Joe yet, but he still felt like she knew.

"So-"

"You saw Joe today,"

The man paused, shoulders tensing slightly before he turned to face his wife. She knew how exactly? Don't get him wrong, he was going to tell her. But he hadn't yet, so how?

"Don't bullshit me whatsoever, Andrés, did you see him today?" she asked, voice laced with more venom than her husband had wanted to hear.

He nodded slightly "yeah, ran into him in the shops," he said, slightly tapping his fingers on the counter, "why are you so pissed off?"

"Why didn't you tell me?" Lillith asked, body slightly turned to look at him as his eyes studied her expression. She'd been in a bad mood all day, he could tell, so anything he told her would probably make her blow up more.

"You walked through the door ten minutes ago, Lillith," he sighed slightly, hands absentmindedly rubbing his temples, "and when you did you were in a shitty mood, didn't think it was the best time to tell you," he explained briefly before pulling out the seat beside her and sitting down, "can I ask how you found out?"