Natalie vs Renard

Start from the beginning

"She is beautiful and cute but scary in the same time, don't you agree Ryo?" asked David to Ryo. The riolu did not answer.

"Okay angel face, I will go easy on you...hehe" said Renard

"Don't call me angel face. Stop flirting with me you douchebag..." said Natalie.

"Whatever angel face...hehe" said Renard.

"Alright you two, get to the battle arena!" said guild master Caesar. Just before guild master Caesar began the battle, Adler the talonflmae rushed in and interrupted the sparring session.

"Oh, Adler! What now?" asked the guild master.

"I'm sorry for interrupting but Lord Mewtwo wants to see you right now! This is very important!" said Adler.

"Alright. Akira, why don't you be the sparring judge while I'm gone? You still remember the rules don't you?" said guild master Caesar to the Lucario.

"Yes sir!" said Akira.

"Good, now I must go!" said guild master Caesar. The guild master then teleported to see Lord Mewtwo.

"Okay, get ready...BEGIN!" said Akira.

As soon as the battle started, the Jolteon pulled out his sabre and started attacking the glaceon. Renard tried to slash and stab the glaceon but Natalie dodged all the attacks with ease. This annoyed the jolteon greatly. To make matters worse for Renard, Natalie decided not to attack and keep dodging Renard's attacks to mock the jolteon.

"Hey! Attack me! Don't be too passive! This is getting boring!" said jolteon.

Then, Natalie took out her straight sword and deflected Renard's sabre attacks.

"Hey, I know that sword. It is called Jian! That sword is native to Huang Long, the kingdom of fighting type pokemon!" said William to the rest of the guild members who were watching the fight. Natalie's straight sword or Jian was special, since it was coated with silver.

"Wow... fancy sword, Natalie. But the beauty of the sword does not matter. It is the skill that determines which one of us is the better fighter!" said Renard.

"You talk too much Renard!" said Natalie.

Natalie then started spinning her sword and doing some acrobatic tricks with her sword to intimidate the Jolteon. The crowd watched in awe at Natalie's display of skill.

It is obvious that I can't win a swordfight against Natalie. Maybe I should use ranged attacks like thunderbolt. But that will not work as well since Natalie knows the move mirror coat. The only advantage I have is speed. Oh well, here goes...Renard thought to himself.

Renard then resorted to his signature tactics: outspeeding the opponent.

"Try hitting me, Natalie!" said Renard as he used the move double team and agility.

"Oh my goodness! My eyes can no longer follow Renard's movement! He is too fast!" said David.

Natalie did not move. She chose to sit down as the Jolteon was moving rapidly, surrounding her with illusory copies of himself.

"There is no way you can win, Natalie! I'm too fast to be hit but I choose not to hurt you so you can give up before any blood is shed!" said Renard.

Natalie sheathed her straight sword.

"Is she giving up?" said William

"I don't think so...Maybe she is devising a strategy..." said Brendan.

Natalie was as beautiful as she was smart. Natalie decided to use ice beam to the ground, making the ground slippery so the Jolteon's tactic would not work anymore.

"What?! NO! Argh!" said the Jolteon as he slipped. The glaceon wasted no time. As soon as the jolteon slipped, she used ice beam on the jolteon, freezing his legs.

"AARGH! So cold! I can't feel my legs!!" said the Jolteon.

Natalie ice skated towards the Jolteon, unsheathing her straight sword.

"It is over, Renard..."said Natalie.

"And the winner is Natalie!" said Akira.

The members of the knight's guild gave a thunderous applause to Natalie. For Renard, this was obviously a disaster. He never thought that he would lose to a girl. This was a major blow to Renard's ego. The once proud and arrogant Jolteon was reduced to ashes, humiliated, and crushed.

"Renard, are you okay?" asked Akira.

"...This is so embarrassing...." Said Renard.

"Brendan, will you please use ember to unfreeze Renard's legs?" said Akira to Brendan.

"Right away, Akira." Said Brendan. It took only a few minutes for Brendan to melt the ice.

"Hey, speak to me buddy. You look shocked and traumatized." Said Brendan to Renard.

"I can't believe I lost to a girl...." Said Renard in a depressed tone.

"Cheer up Renard. There is no shame in losing to the famous black riding hood. She is on another level. I think she is only second to Akira. Even I am afraid of battling her, despite being a fire/fighting type." Said Brendan.

"I...I am weak...I am weak and worthless..." said Renard as his tears start to well up. Renard then ran away in shame.

"Hey where are you going?! Renard!" said Brendan.

"Leave me alone..." said Renard.

"He needs time to recuperate...leave him be, Brendan..." said Akira.

"Oh...okay...sure, fine" said Brendan.

Renard ran into the basement and cried his eyes out. He could not stand the humiliation. A few moments later, guild master Caesar returned to the knight's guild.

"Please gather in the main hall! I need to tell you all something very important! And where is Renard?" said the guild master.

"Oh, I think he is in the bathroom..." said Akira. He lied of course, because he could empathize with Renard.

"I just received an order from Lord Mewtwo to select five to ten of you to retrieve the icicle plate in Avangard!" said guild master Caesar.

"A journey to Avangard is full of dangers and obstacles. I just can't pick some random guild members. I need to think things through thoroughly. Therefore, Lord Mewtwo gave me one week to decide who should go to Avangard!" said guild master Caesar.

Upon hearing the announcement, Ryo remembered that Professor Magnus promised that he would accept him as a student if he could find the Kitab Al-Jadal, the mysterious book believed to be in the hands of the dusk tribe, which is hiding in Avangard. Maybe, just maybe...If he got chosen by the guild master to go to Avangard, he could find the book and give it to professor Magnus.

"Sir! I would like to go to Avangard to retrieve the icicle plate!" said Ryo.

"Are you serious Ryo? I don't think you are capable. You are too young and your skill is not sufficient" said guild master Caesar.

"Please, allow me to prove myself!" said Ryo.

"Very well then. I'm going to test your skill by giving these two S rank missions. If you succeed, you can go to Avangard! But remember, you have to accomplish these two missions alone, without any help from other guild members!" said guild master Caesar.

"Thank you sir!" said Ryo. He then looked at the mission's description.

Mission one:

A mysterious serial killer has been killing travellers near Ivarstead. The identity of the killer is not known, but what is known about the serial killer is that the serial killer is strong, strong enough to kill travellers' bodyguards. Reward: 500 gold coins. Rank: S

Mission two:

Wulfgar the Scizor has kidnapped prince Alfred, the son of an aristocrat and is demanding a huge amount of ransom money. Many warriors have failed this mission because Wulfgar is a highly experienced fighter. Wulfgar is known for his extreme greed and obsession with gold. Be careful of him. Reward: 1000 gold coins. Rank: S

"Alright...I think I can do this..." said Ryo to himself.