It was the first time I had ever seen him so happy like this. He seemed a little gentle.

…Something must have really happened during the day.

After picking me up, he then took me to bed. As he laid me on his lap, he held onto my hands, and I was curious about what he was going to do. Raniero placed my hand on top of his hair. Unsure, I hesitated for a moment before gently stroking his hair.

Raniero softly closed his eyes.

“Well, what else do you like besides me being in a good mood?”

The movement was short-lived because of the strange words that came out of Raniero’s mouth.

“…Uh?”

I asked back, confusedly.

“Why are you asking such a thing…?”

Even if he knew what I liked, what would he do? Would he even care about how I feel?

He doesn’t care about anything other than how he feels, right?

As if to prove my thoughts, Raniero’s eyes lit up. Power entered his bright red eyes while he stared at me with his eyes that asked why he stopped stroking. Even though I was sweating profusely, I had to keep stroking his head.

‘Look at this. His feelings are the most important thing…’

Then, as though he liked my touch, his expression loosened more and more as my palms brushed his smooth, fluffy hair. Contrarily, I did not know he would like something like this, so I was a little dumbfounded.

Raniero opened his mouth with a languishing voice.

“You’re someone from Actilus now… Shouldn’t you love Actilus?”

Another surprising remark came out of his mouth.

At the same time, I almost would have pulled his hair out. With trembling hands, I thankfully managed to hold onto my reason and stroked his hair gently instead.

…Why did he keep saying things like this today?

At this point, I was getting anxious. Come to think of it, it was the first time that Raniero had not felt life-threatening for more than thirty minutes since he visited.

For a moment, I wondered if he had become dull, but I did not think that was the case.

It was because it had not been long since he stormed into the empty Empress Palace and was furious, so I was in a state of great vigilance. If my vigilance was not broken, it meant that Raniero must have been acting strange.

‘As soon as I told Eden that the Emperor remains the same as in the original novel, he changed like this?’

I asked cautiously.

“Has Your Majesty been the son of Actilla since birth?”

Raniero furrowed his eyebrows.

“What does that question mean now? And, you* haven’t answered my question yet.”
[ T/N: The ‘You’ in this part was written as ‘그대,’ which has a move loving/affectionate tone, usually used only in poems or songs because it’s a poetic word. Just wanted to point that out. ]

“Oh, it was nothing.”

He was still Raniero Actilus…!

What a relief!

At the thought, I smiled brightly.

Meanwhile, the scarlet gaze was still staring straight at me without taking his eyes away for even a second. It seemed to tell me that I should answer the question of “What do I like” quickly.