𝟬𝟬𝟲, mean girls

Start from the beginning

"right, she had like these deep brown spots on her thighs, like she perpously burnt herself multiple times," tzilah said. " and then, she had, like, small little cuts on her wrist," chelsea added.

" you could barely see them tho," monique added.

her eyes welled up with tears as she listened to their conversation. wrapping her arms around her legs, she rested her chin on them, feeling a wave of sadness wash over her. " i think she has depression or something," tzilah remarked with a laugh, unaware of the impact of her words.

" and anxiety too. on her first day, she was stuttering nd shit and she just looked rally uncomfortable," chelsea added, her tone tinged with a mix of observation and indifference.

"to be honest, i don't even know why notti fucks with an ugly bitch like her. i know he sees those damn cuts and burns," monique added callously. 

" she's weird as fuck,"

tears streamed down adrianna's face uncontrollably as she struggled to stifle any sound, her emotions overwhelming her.

"and then he had that hoe on his live, acting all buddy-buddy, sista this, brotha that, like bitch shut the fuck up, we know y'all got shit going on, and we finna end it," tzilah snapped, her tone dripping with disdain and frustration.

"i know, like hoe sit the fuck down, lil irrelevant ass bitch," chelsea muttered, her voice fading as their footsteps receded, indicating their departure.

adrianna's arms trembled, her heart raced, and her breaths came in short gasps. with a sense of urgency, she snatched her backpack, quickly unzipping it.

she knew she was having an anxiety attack.

with trembling hands, adrianna reached for the small orange bottle in her front pocket. inside were the tiny pills that held the promise of relief, the promise of calm amidst the chaos. she hesitated for a moment, her fingers hovering over the lid, before finally twisting it open.

she swallowed the pill dry, feeling it slide down her throat like a lifeline. she closed her eyes, willing it to take effect, to soothe the storm raging inside her. slowly, ever so slowly, she felt the edges of her panic begin to dull, like a blade being sheathed.

minutes passed, each one bringing a small measure of peace. the racing thoughts began to quiet, replaced by a sense of calm. adrianna took a deep breath, the first real breath she had taken in what felt like hours.

as the medication took hold, adrianna felt the tension in her body begin to loosen. the knots in her stomach unravelled, and the weight on her chest lifted. she closed her eyes and let out a long, shaky breath, feeling the last remnants of her anxiety slip away.

it wasn't a cure, she knew that much. but in that moment, it was enough. enough to quiet the storm, enough to give her a moment of respite from the relentless grip of anxiety. and for adrianna, that was all she needed.

 adrianna stood up, gathered her stuff and swiftly exited the stall, making her way out of the changing room.

adrianna looked up, only to be met with notti. she hadn't realized he was waiting for her, lost as she was in her own turmoil. his concern washed over her like a soothing balm, a reminder that she wasn't alone in her struggles.

" i-i'm okay," she stammered, her voice barely above a whisper. but the tears betrayed her words, cascading down her cheeks despite her efforts to hold them back.

notti's smile faded as he took in her distress, his concern deepening with each passing moment. he pocketed his phone and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a comforting embrace. adrianna buried her face in his shoulder, seeking solace in his presence.