Ch. 15: Farewell, Sonic

Chapter 15: Farewell, Sonic

*Outside of ARK*

Knuckles and Rouge battled each other in the field outside the base, they were panting heavily with adrenaline and staring each other down, each of them had an angry look on their faces. They looked as though they were about to fight to the death.

"So... you wanna kill me then? Go ahead! I can take a beating. But don't expect it to be easy for you!" Rouge shouted angrily at him.

"You think I'm gonna do that? Do ya' think I'd ever stoop so low as to hurt you?" he asked back angrily.

"Well, if you didn't want to kill me, then what are we fighting over!?" she yelled again at him.

"You have the shards of Emeralds, don't you? You should give me those! I need them if I'm going to find the other shards of the Emeralds, don't I?!" he demanded.

She was still glaring at him."Why would I give you that? I don't care if the Chaos Emeralds exist or not! These Emeralds belong to me--" She slipped to the edge of the balcony and began falling into the lava.

"Aaaahhh!!!!" Rogue screamed as she fell towards the fire below her. She reached out her arms but there wasn't anything to grab onto. Her eyes widened when she saw Knuckles standing in front of her, his hands grabbed both of hers before she could fall into the flames.

"Hold on tight, okay? Don't let go," he warned her.

Rogue gasped in surprise when she felt his strong grip on her wrist tighten. She looked down there was lava boiling, then looked up at Knuckles. He lifted her up by her waist and set her down safely.  Knuckles and Rogue were in an embrace with one another, they stared at each other lovingly while their hearts fluttered wildly. Rogue snapped and pushed him away from her.

"Keep your hands off me!" She cried her was blushing, Knuckles stared at her.

"What? Is this the thank I get after saving you from falling to your death?" Knuckles asked, slightly offended.

Rogue frowned at him and turned around from him. "Saving my life doesn't make you worth it.  And you're such a creep anyway! Why do you even care?! "She started walking away leaving Knuckles behind her."Hey, wait! Where do you think you're going?!" He ran after her. Rogue stopped walking and turned around to face him, and sighed.

"You know what? I don't need them anymore. You can have these," she gave those fragments to Knuckles, picking up all the shards, and putting them all together in one. The gem became a whole again.

"Good as new," said Knuckles, caressing the Master Emerald, and grinned. Knuckles looked at Rogue, she turned her head as she crossed her arms. "What?" She asked him.

"Um... I'm sorry if I hurt you," said Knuckles as he ran off carrying the Emerald.

'He's such a handsome dork!' She thought to herself while looking at him. Rogue smiled at how cute he was when he was embarrassed. She went back to the mission.

*Meanwhile*

Sonic tried to communicate with Tails on the walkie-talkie, but Tails did not reply back. Sonic wondered where Tails was and why he wasn't answering back."Tails, come in, please answer me," Sonic pleaded.

He waited for a moment, and then Tails finally replied.

*static*

"Sonic?" Tails asked. Sonic could hear static and disoriented.

"I'm here, Tails!" Sonic replied back, "What happened? What took you so long to reply?" Sonic asked worried.

"Sonic, it's Amy. Amy is--"  Static came from the speaker once more.