Chapter 79

Are you sure you can stand up now?

Marie had been a silent presence as her husband and the ladies explained to her son everything that had transpired, including how the witch had been "caught" and given her... comeuppance by her, even though they knew she I would escape anyway. She was quite sure that they omitted certain "details" for the good of Patricia and even herself, such as how the punishment went, but she supposed it was something she and Gabriel could discuss later.

When they had decided to let him go and talk about serious matters, he seemed to look better, although the traces of the curse would take longer to fade. In any case, he had turned to his father and the two girls who had accompanied him with an accusing air:

"And you managed to return discreetly, right?"

They bristled and he kept his face inexpressive:

"Oh, yes, discretion, of course," Pinky stammered "Well, you see..."

"I told you he wouldn't be happy" Fenix muttered between his teeth.

"We take out the trash, that's all," Gabriel concluded dispassionately.

"And it was brutaaallllll!" They stared at the girl in pink, who cleared her throat "yes, sorry, it was brutal."

Alucard snorted, rubbing his face:

"You... how many times do I have to tell you...?"

"I apologize, son, but it was my idea," declared the dragon.

"That's what I was afraid of!"

"Hey, hey" Fenix raised her hands "at least we made up our minds about the scum, right?"

"That's it, that's it, thanks to Big D, who is not a killjoy, like some dire-wolves, malaostia and such...!"

"We still love you, lobito," she blew him a dramatic kiss.

"That's it, that's it, we still love you, cuddly ball of fur."

The contained laughter of his father made the aforementioned scratch his forehead more with boredom.

"Well, at least tell me you didn't blow up the building."

The three were silent.

"We still love you, Alu-kyu!" the girls cried dramatically.

"I KNEW IT!" He rubbed his white hair "well, anyway, the curse has receded and I already feel my strength returning."

"I'll give you an exam later," Nikki said.

"Thank you, and I'll see how I clean up the mess" and he growled at the trio "since it's the only thing I can do."

"WE STILL LOVE YOU!"

"Cut that chorus, already!"

He struggled to get up and it was Marie who stepped forward:

"Are you sure you can stand up now?"

"It's okay, mother, I'm not going to stay like a corpse, I need to move."

"Not to intrude" Majo intervened "you're an all-powerful vampire and such, but we all saw what that spell did to you, I think you should rest so your body can finish regenerating."

"And blood every three hours" added Nikki "as prescribed by the doctor."

"I'm not going anywhere" he snorted "I'll just stretch my legs. Hell, you are not even my mother" but he turned to Marie "Sorry, mother, they are like that even when you're not here, well..."

She smiled sweetly at him:

"I'm sorry to be the one to say it, but they're right, dear. Even if you are not human, and your body recovers, you were in a horrible state recently, you should listen to them."